eOne - The online board from Millennium

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Hilinder

Re: eOne - The online board from Millennium

Post by Hilinder »

katzenpapa wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:25 pm Hello this is Katzenpapa from youtube! I have been trying to connect my eONE to the HCE, and I have been unsuccessful so far. Has anyone else connected the eONE to the HCE? I installed the drivers (after trying without installing the drivers) and the software still can't detect my eONE. Can someone please advise? I would love to showcase this software on my channel as I love it features and how easy it is to use. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/c/katzenpapa
Hi katzenpapa,

first you need the newest version 1.11.1, the 1.11 doesn‘t work:

https://www.hiarcs.com/pc-chess-explorer-download.html

then you have to run the installation of the driver twice:

first without the board as a „pre-install“, then don‘t close the install software, connect the board and press „install“ again

this worked for me, good luck :-)
katzenpapa

Post by katzenpapa »

Hilinder wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:38 pm
katzenpapa wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:25 pm Hello this is Katzenpapa from youtube! I have been trying to connect my eONE to the HCE, and I have been unsuccessful so far. Has anyone else connected the eONE to the HCE? I installed the drivers (after trying without installing the drivers) and the software still can't detect my eONE. Can someone please advise? I would love to showcase this software on my channel as I love it features and how easy it is to use. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/c/katzenpapa
Hi katzenpapa,

first you need the newest version 1.11.1, the 1.11 doesn‘t work:

https://www.hiarcs.com/pc-chess-explorer-download.html

then you have to run the installation of the driver twice:

first without the board as a „pre-install“, then don‘t close the install software, connect the board and press „install“ again

this worked for me, good luck :-)
THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT WORKED!!! WOW HAVE A GREAT DAY AND HOPE ALL IS WELL WHEREVER YOU ARE! CHEERS!! :D :D 8) 8) :lol: :lol:
Hilinder

Post by Hilinder »

oh fine :D
than I can wait for another cool video on your youtube channel 8)
katzenpapa

Post by katzenpapa »

Hilinder wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:30 pm oh fine :D
than I can wait for another cool video on your youtube channel 8)
Coming soon, working on it now! You are a legend! :!: :!:
Hilinder

Post by Hilinder »

katzenpapa wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:01 pm You are a legend! :!: :!:
oh no, not me :oops: .
I got my help from the German „schachcomputer.info“-forum. The people there are legend :mrgreen:
BHGP

Post by BHGP »

More good news:

Chess Dojo is now compatible with eOne and the other Millennium boards!

Highlight: Bluetooth LE already fully compatible with Android 12 smartphones.

It should still be noted that the starting position is such that White must be placed on the side of the Millennium Emblem. This will certainly be corrected soon.
BPeti

Post by BPeti »

Unfortunately the board is unusable with the newest macos :( It was advertised as it is compatible but it seems that no USB, no BT connection is usable with Hiarcs. Sad. If someone was able to use it with monterey, tell me your secret, please :)
Schachmeister

Post by Schachmeister »

:P Information from MILLENNIUM 2000

At present stage MacOs Monterey has still Bluetooth problems, which have to be solved by Apple.
According to Mark Uniacke (Hiarcs), a corresponding update of the developer software is planned by Apple. Once this will be available, Hiarcs can in turn adapt so that Bluetooth should be executable under Monterey. This will hopefully be realized before the end of May.

Unfortunately we have a similar problem with USB: The Apple operating systems after Catalina and Mojave don’t recognize the eOne USB driver anymore. It can be installed, but does not show the USB devices.
Here too, an update will certainly become available at some point in time - either from Apple or from the manufacturer of the USB chip.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Fortunately, Hiarcs for iPad or iPhone works with the eOne. It's really fun. 8)
fourthirty

Post by fourthirty »

Schachmeister wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:44 am o Play online on Chess.com with the Chess.com App
Hello Ossi,

Do you know when there will be eOne integration within the chess.com iOS application?

Additionally, I understand that in the current Android version, the eOne will not work if playing against one of the chess.com computer bots? Do you have any insight on why this is?

I've been considering purchasing an eOne to have a completely portable/wireless computer, and perhaps play some casual games against the chess.com bots. However it does not appear this will be an option?

Thank you,
Greg
Schachmeister

Post by Schachmeister »

Hello Greg,

The Android version of chess.com has so far not been enabled to play against one of their chess.com computer bots. The Millennium App for Lichess has this particular feature already included.

Regarding the chess.com iOS application we are still waiting for the eOne integration, hopefully become soon available. In the meantime you can use the Millennium iOS App which is fully compatible with Lichess.

With kind regards from Munich,
Ossi Weiner
fourthirty

Post by fourthirty »

Schachmeister wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:41 am Hello Greg,

The Android version of chess.com has so far not been enabled to play against one of their chess.com computer bots. The Millennium App for Lichess has this particular feature already included.

Regarding the chess.com iOS application we are still waiting for the eOne integration, hopefully become soon available. In the meantime you can use the Millennium iOS App which is fully compatible with Lichess.

Ossi Weiner
Hi Ossi,

Thank you for the clarification - most appreciated!

Hoping there is a Chess.com iOS app released soon (which also allows bot play)...

Kind regards,
Greg
fourthirty

Post by fourthirty »

Schachmeister wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:41 am Hello Greg,

Ossi Weiner
Hi Ossi,

Does Millennium have any updates on the iOS application?

Also, are there any plans to allow for play against the bots on chess.com? For those of us that pay for chess.com premium for bot play, it would be a nice feature to be able to use the eOne.

Thank you,
Greg
Schachmeister

Post by Schachmeister »

Hi Greg,

Unfortunately we have no influence on the connection software provided by chess.com.
Maybe it’s a good idea if you and other users try to contact chess.com directly and request them to support this function.

Best regards, Ossi
fourthirty

Post by fourthirty »

Schachmeister wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:32 am Hi Greg,

Unfortunately we have no influence on the connection software provided by chess.com.
Maybe it’s a good idea if you and other users try to contact chess.com directly and request them to support this function.

Best regards, Ossi
Thank you Ossi. That is a good idea - I will send them a request.

On a side note my eONE arrived yesterday evening! (I took advantage of the Chess House Labor Day sale.). It has been charging and adjusting to the home temperature as recommended. I look forward to playing a few games this weekend.

My Millennium collection continues to grow (ChessGenius, ChessGenius PRO, ChessGenius Exclusive, King Lasker, and now the eONE). Of course now I am researching the Phoenix...

Greg