Electronic transistor research

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fyl01

Electronic transistor research

Post by Fyl01 »

Hello
I have a Novag Allegro 4 chess computer.
It is out of order and I am looking for the identification of the small electronic transistor located, by dismantling it, near the power supply: see attached photos.
Who could find me the reference of this transistor?
Thanks in advance
Cordially
Attachments
IMG_7836.JPG
IMG_7836.JPG (24.71 KiB) Viewed 934 times
IMG_7835.JPG
IMG_7835.JPG (51.85 KiB) Viewed 934 times
Berger

Re: Electronic transistor research

Post by Berger »

Hi,

It's a NPN 9013 transistor. The pinout, looking at the front of the TO92 package, is EBC.
If you use one equivalent, check their pinout because they are not all the same, even though it is equivalent in voltages, power, etc.

Specifically, the unit I repaired had a 9013H. This letter 'H' indicates that the current gain was between 144 and 202 according to the datasheet I found. I think that in the function it performs in this circuit the gain is not very important, but I comment it anyway.

Best,
Gerardo
Berger

Post by Berger »

Hi again,

I thought it would be a good idea to upload a photo, in case a resistor associated with the transistor has been damaged, and you need to know its value. Attached is a photo.

Best,
Gerardo
Attachments
Allegro4.jpg
Allegro4.jpg (100.2 KiB) Viewed 873 times
Fyl01

Post by Fyl01 »

Berger wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:51 pm Hi,

It's a NPN 9013 transistor. The pinout, looking at the front of the TO92 package, is EBC.
If you use one equivalent, check their pinout because they are not all the same, even though it is equivalent in voltages, power, etc.

Specifically, the unit I repaired had a 9013H. This letter 'H' indicates that the current gain was between 144 and 202 according to the datasheet I found. I think that in the function it performs in this circuit the gain is not very important, but I comment it anyway.

Best,
Gerardo
Than you much. Do you know where I can buy this transistor?
Best,
François