Rybka 4

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Carl Bicknell

Re: Rybka 4

Post by Carl Bicknell »

I liked the Rybka 2 business model. The end user involvement brought some excitement and sparkle back to computer chess.
Yes I agree. It was a nightmare for ratings testers but fun for users. The trouble is to reach many you need a finished / polished program otherwise people feel they have been sold a beta (imagine having to download an update to Microsoft Word every few weeks)
Hetman

Post by Hetman »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
The fanatism of Rybka's fanboys is becoming so annoying lately that even to discus a similar issue like this will cause a vicious reaction from their side....

To me Vasik has gained totaly the status of a liar by not releasing the promised Rybka 3+ version....

Dr.D
Concerning fanatism of some posters there agree but
I think that the word 'liar' is too strong and not adequate one.

Rgds
Hetman
GOD is the best Friend of the humans.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Hetman wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
The fanatism of Rybka's fanboys is becoming so annoying lately that even to discus a similar issue like this will cause a vicious reaction from their side....

To me Vasik has gained totaly the status of a liar by not releasing the promised Rybka 3+ version....

Dr.D
Concerning fanatism of some posters there agree but
I think that the word 'liar' is too strong and not adequate one.

Rgds
Hetman
Hi,
Yes,it's a little bit strong but it reflects the naked truth :!:
Cheers,
Dr.D
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:Dr. D i am going to be near where you are the next couple of weeks - so if you are in Aqaba i will waive to you from the beach in Eilat otherwise from the other end of the King Hussain Bridge when I am in Jerusalem.
Hi Harvey,
Say it and I will be there :D
Why don't you come to Aqaba to visit me,I have a big appartment down there and I only use it a couple of times during the year as a vacation spot....
I'll be so happy to see you in person regards,
Dr.D

P.S.Even if not this time,the invitation is valid whenever you decide :D
Dr. D I had a good time in Eilat here is a picture from my window. I am sure you recognise the city in the distance?

Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Great,glad to hear that :D

The city in the distance you say,hmmm....Petra :!: :?:
Oh no,sorry....Aqaba :wink:
Dr.D
Ben van Vlierden

Post by Ben van Vlierden »

below is what Vas has to say about R4 - of course he is free to do what he wants but what about the promised bug fix for R3 - imho paying customers must receive this without paying again.

I certainly would have liked a bug-fix version of Rybka 3. On the other hand, I do feel I got excellent value for my money: 3 engines with distinctly different playing personalities for the price of one. I see no reason to complain, nor to demand that I should get Rybka 4 for free.
Intelligent Design? Study living things seriously, and you'll say: Stupid Design!
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Ben van Vlierden wrote:
below is what Vas has to say about R4 - of course he is free to do what he wants but what about the promised bug fix for R3 - imho paying customers must receive this without paying again.

I certainly would have liked a bug-fix version of Rybka 3. On the other hand, I do feel I got excellent value for my money: 3 engines with distinctly different playing personalities for the price of one. I see no reason to complain, nor to demand that I should get Rybka 4 for free.
Rybka 3+ is not and it shouldn't be the same as Rybka 4....Rybka 3+ is a bug fix for Rybka 3 which bug list is too long to mention,so that doesn't mean that we should forget about it....

As you can see,a weaker version of Rybka will be on sale God's know when and if you want the stronger one,you must pay a rent for it....damn stupid if you ask me....

Dr.D
turbojuice1122

Post by turbojuice1122 »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote: To me Vasik has gained totaly the status of a liar by not releasing the promised Rybka 3+ version....
No, the word "liar" means that one says something knowing that it is not true. I think it can be almost guaranteed that Vas planned to release a Rybka 3+ with bugfixes, but simply never got around to it due to other projects and possibilities.
JEB_Tucson

Post by JEB_Tucson »

Then Vas has no credibility...........