Hiarcs for Android please

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
tom123

Re: I can't believe that Hiarcs for Android is not ready yet

Post by tom123 »

zamana wrote:
tom123 wrote:
zamana wrote:I can't believe that Hiarcs for Android is not ready yet!

What are you doing? Porting Hiarcs to WinPhone7? Pfu...
But then what is it ??

Here is the screenshot with Hiarcs 13.2SP, thinking on a move(and generating a move of course !!) on Chess For Android GUI. But as far as I know that these engines are not available on android platform !! He He

I test with others engines also like Houdini 1.5, ProDeo, Ruffian, Spike. But these engines installed first but when I try to import them it was written " terminated " and the engines would not load. But in case of Hiarcs, Junior or Rybka it is running like a charm on my Optimus One !!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi!

Is this screenshot from your own phone? If so, how did you get the engine?

Thanks.
Regards.
No this is my friends LG Optimus One. I don't have an android. OK, he get the engine from his computer to his mobile and then install and import to that GUI.
You can try it on your own.
aartbik

Post by aartbik »

tom123 wrote:I test with others engines also like Houdini 1.5, ProDeo, Ruffian, Spike. But these engines installed first but when I try to import them it was written " terminated " and the engines would not load. But in case of Hiarcs, Junior or Rybka it is running like a charm on my Optimus One!!
You cannot import a Windows executable on an ARM-based phone into Chess for Android. Instead, you will need to obtain a binary that has been compiled into proper native code of the Android device (ARMv5TE for most mobile devices, 32-bit x86 for e.g. GoogleTV), as further explained at the UCI and XBoard engines for Android.

Importing an incorrect binary will usually result in the "terminated" message, although in some cases (depending on the setup), the GUI may simply fall back to the built-in engine. If properly imported, more engine output should appear at the bottom while thinking.

It would be cool though to see a Hiarcs for Android though!
tom123

Post by tom123 »

aartbik wrote:
tom123 wrote:I test with others engines also like Houdini 1.5, ProDeo, Ruffian, Spike. But these engines installed first but when I try to import them it was written " terminated " and the engines would not load. But in case of Hiarcs, Junior or Rybka it is running like a charm on my Optimus One!!
You cannot import a Windows executable on an ARM-based phone into Chess for Android. Instead, you will need to obtain a binary that has been compiled into proper native code of the Android device (ARMv5TE for most mobile devices, 32-bit x86 for e.g. GoogleTV), as further explained at the UCI and XBoard engines for Android.

Importing an incorrect binary will usually result in the "terminated"
message, although in some cases (depending on the setup), the GUI may simply fall back to the built-in engine. If properly imported, more engine output should appear at the bottom while thinking.

Thank you aartbik, for your reply. Yes this is probably the built in engine is coming into action !!
Hope you are the programar of the' chess for android'. It's cool also to hear the clarification directly from you, great !!
rookchess

HIARCS for Android

Post by rookchess »

Latest news from HIarcs for Android Phones
shiv

Post by shiv »

aartbik wrote:

Importing an incorrect binary will usually result in the "terminated" message, although in some cases (depending on the setup), the GUI may simply fall back to the built-in engine. If properly imported, more engine output should appear at the bottom while thinking.

The information on the ARM port makes perfect sense.

I read that the wine project was ported to the ARM. Have you seen/heard of people using it successfully on the android platform? If that is the case, then using the pocketpc ARMv5TE exe for Hiarcs can work on Android.