Mephisto Milano

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
SeamusORiley

Re: Mephisto Milano

Post by SeamusORiley »

fdimeglio wrote:
Steve B wrote: Yes it must be so heartbreaking i cant even think about it
Sadly the heartbreak continues
it must be painful ..tearful even ..to have to wait until someday.. good ol Seamus can be reunited with this Ol Friend as well
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0817433862

Shameus On Youus Regards
Steve
I got a very good laugh with this Mephisto Academy sale. The starting price was something like $800 and I proposed to the seller around $300 which is good money for an Academy (correct me if I am wrong). The seller refused my offer telling me he got it from Germany and paid like $150+ shipping costs and that he could not accept any offer below $500.

Actually he did and sold it at $395... "les voix du seigneur sont impénétrables"

It Is All About Consistency Regards,

Fabrice

The seller may have had other reasons for refusing your offer.
SeamusORiley

Post by SeamusORiley »

Steve B wrote:
SeamusORiley wrote:I am trying to purchase a Mephisto Milano (or something similar like the Milano Pro, Atlanta, Berlin, etc).

I had one many years ago and foolishly sold it.

If anyone knows where I can purchase one, in good condition, please email me. I live in New England, USA

I have a newly opened Saitek Mephisto Master Chess that I am willing to sell or trade...I just want my old familiar friend back! I should never has sold it!

thanks!

PHyatt1962@gmail.com
Well then .you are in luck ..
you dont have to regret selling your Milano ever again
here is an auction for you
the seller is also from New England ..even more good luck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mephisto-Milano-Che ... 3cbaa355b5

Oh wait
thats you
:P

Multiple Personalities Regards
Steve
You'd make an amazing investigator. Perhaps multiple personality disorder isn't the best diagnosis, however.

I got two; one from Ruud Martin and the other from ebay.

I put one up for sale.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

SeamusORiley wrote:
Steve B wrote:
SeamusORiley wrote:I am trying to purchase a Mephisto Milano (or something similar like the Milano Pro, Atlanta, Berlin, etc).

If anyone knows where I can purchase one, in good condition, please email me. I live in New England, USA

I have a newly opened Saitek Mephisto Master Chess that I am willing to sell or trade...I just want my old familiar friend back! I should never has sold it!

thanks!

PHyatt1962@gmail.com

Oh wait
thats you

Steve
You'd make an amazing investigator. Perhaps multiple personality disorder isn't the best diagnosis, however.

I put one up for sale.
Well i know when i am looking for a computer for my collection i have never bought two and sold one
its obvious to even the most casual observer you are here to turn a profit
which is perfectly OK with me but it is less then totally honest when you try to come off as a collector looking for a long lost companion
you would have probably gotten the same responses to your questions if you played it straight up

Steve
SirDave

Post by SirDave »

SeamusORiley wrote:
Steve B wrote:

thanks!

PHyatt1962@gmail.com

Oh wait
thats you

Steve

I put one up for sale.
Well, being the investigators we are, let's do a little sleuthing: You put the Milano on eBay somewhere around July 27-28 at a time when you were asking how to find out what the firmware was for a Milano and soon before that (when you likely knew you were going to put it up on eBay) there were posts from others addressing your original request about (allegedly) finding a Milano to (allegedly) replace your (alleged) old friend.

In my mind, an honorable person who had no ulterior motives would, immediately on planning to put a Milano up on eBay, given the nature of your opening post, would explain your actions in this thread so that anyone reading it would not feel 'played'.

So, I know that at least 2 of us (and probably several more) feel played and for good reason. Not the best plan for someone apparently in the business of selling classic boards.
SeamusORiley

Post by SeamusORiley »

you feel "played"? Really? Is there a consequence to being "played"? That is what it implies.

I didn't know there was any difference between 1.01 and 1.02 and asked. Nothing nefarious; just looking to learn what the difference is, or even how to find the difference. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Ridiculous. Is it like some conspiracy theory you are after?
SirDave

Post by SirDave »

SeamusORiley wrote:you feel "played"? Really? Is there a consequence to being "played"? That is what it implies.

I didn't know there was any difference between 1.01 and 1.02 and asked. Nothing nefarious; just looking to learn what the difference is, or even how to find the difference. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Ridiculous. Is it like some conspiracy theory you are after?
Res ipsa loquitur.