Rybka disqualified and banned from WCCC

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

ricard60 wrote:No i mean that the world chess championship can not only depend on if somebody else raise or not an issue. Suppose Fabian did not raised the issue, there must be another rules that had discovered rybka or any other program from cheating.
Anyone can make an official complaint.
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
ricard60 wrote:No i mean that the world chess championship can not only depend on if somebody else raise or not an issue. Suppose Fabian did not raised the issue, there must be another rules that had discovered rybka or any other program from cheating.
What i mean is that if nobody makes an official complaint a cheating software can go on and on playing the world chess champinship. So there must be another type of rules and not just sit and wait until somebody makes an official complaint.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

ricard60 wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
What i mean is that if nobody makes an official complaint a cheating software can go on and on playing the world chess champinship. So there must be another type of rules and not just sit and wait until somebody makes an official complaint.
You can not expect volunteers to spend weeks looking at every engine so there has to be a way to decide which to look at.
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
ricard60 wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
You can not expect volunteers to spend weeks looking at every engine so there has to be a way to decide which to look at.
The way to decide wich to look at is what the organizers of the world chess championship must come up with.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

An interview with vas

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQshTNJ4pSM[/youtube]
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Thanks Harvey
Not really an Andrew Marr interview was it.
Bryan
mackgra

Post by mackgra »

Yes thanks Harvey for that.

Well having watched all of it, a few things stand out in my eyes,

1) Vas must have been living on another planet for the last 6-12months, he didn't even know it was Fabien who complained against him and seemed unaware of a few other points Nelson made.

2) When asked what did he make of being called a cheat, he replied;...." i dont care anymore, i did at first but now talking about it is just like talking about the weather."

It was the last point that really made me dislike him more than i did already. His answers to a lot of Nelson's questions were really a load of drivel with no real substance. I don't know what others on here think, but its worth a look.
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Also the scratch of the nose at a few points in the video, classic body language of being deceitful.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

An interesting development:
"License Compliance Engineer, Free Software Foundation (to Fabien)"]I reviewed the analysis of the similarities between Fruit and Rybka, and found it pretty compelling. I think this is something that we could absolutely pursue as a compliance case."
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

In the interview he says: "It is true i did take a number of things from fruit" but he also says: " This is something i discuss it many times". With whom he discuss it?

no clear interview regards
Ricardo
Terry McCracken

Fish Guts

Post by Terry McCracken »

Harvey Williamson wrote:An interesting development:
"License Compliance Engineer, Free Software Foundation (to Fabien)"]I reviewed the analysis of the similarities between Fruit and Rybka, and found it pretty compelling. I think this is something that we could absolutely pursue as a compliance case."
That will put a real nail/spike/stake in the Rybka/Fruit coffin if the FSF drives it home. I hope they do. Let's put this Frankenstein Monstrosity to bed.
Terry McCracken