Question for Mark or Harvey about the New iPad Hiarcs

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
RadioSmall

Question for Mark or Harvey about the New iPad Hiarcs

Post by RadioSmall »

I was delighted to see pictures of the new iPad Hiarcs on the website today!! As I was reading the iPad Hiarcs manual I noticed that there was no mention of tournament time controls in the time settings for Hiarcs iPad .So my Question is does iPad Hiarcs support Tournament time Controls ( i.e 40 moves in 2 hours) .Also I read that it supports average time , what is the slowest one can set the average time to ??
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Question for Mark or Harvey about the New iPad Hiarcs

Post by Harvey Williamson »

RadioSmall wrote:I was delighted to see pictures of the new iPad Hiarcs on the website today!! As I was reading the iPad Hiarcs manual I noticed that there was no mention of tournament time controls in the time settings for Hiarcs iPad .So my Question is does iPad Hiarcs support Tournament time Controls ( i.e 40 moves in 2 hours) .Also I read that it supports average time , what is the slowest one can set the average time to ??
I presume it is the same as my new iPhone version long games include 60+15 and 90+30

You can also chose game in 2 minutes or average 1 second a move.
RadioSmall

Post by RadioSmall »

Harvey
Thanks for the reply .I am surprized it does not have 40 moves in 2 hours.Even palm Hiarcs has it. I know it has average 1 second a move does it go all the way up to average 3 minutes per move??
Mythbuster

Post by Mythbuster »

I also wonder about this ... it seems almost no iPhone / iPad chess engine has 40/120 ... this is really sad ... and I don't understand this ...
RadioSmall

Post by RadioSmall »

Mythbuster wrote:I also wonder about this ... it seems almost no iPhone / iPad chess engine has 40/120 ... this is really sad ... and I don't understand this ...
Hi Mythbuster
Yes indeed it is the saddest thing I can think of .... The Question Harvey has not answered yet is whether it has 3 minutes per move average which would be the equivalent of 40 moves in 2 hours .All the tournaments I play in , in the United States are at 40 moves in 2 hours.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

3 minutes a move is there
Mythbuster

Post by Mythbuster »

Harvey Williamson wrote:3 minutes a move is there
Perfect, thanks!
Mythbuster

Post by Mythbuster »

Hello Harvey,
One more question. Any idea when it will be out? I am looking every day at the App Store ... I am really looking forward to it.

Can't wait Regards,
Sascha
bretti

Post by bretti »

Mythbuster wrote:Hello Harvey,
I am looking every day at the App Store ... Can't wait Regards,
Sascha
Me too!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
RadioSmall

Post by RadioSmall »

Good to hear this : Now the SSDF can test this intetresting combination of software and Hardware because as you know they only test at 40 moves in 2 hours.However still I think various tournament time controls like 40 moves in x amount of time should be implemented just like it is in Palm Hiarcs.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

RadioSmall wrote:
Good to hear this : Now the SSDF can test this intetresting combination of software and Hardware because as you know they only test at 40 moves in 2 hours.However still I think various tournament time controls like 40 moves in x amount of time should be implemented just like it is in Palm Hiarcs.
As far as I know it is with apple they seem to take their time approving apps.
Carl Bicknell

Post by Carl Bicknell »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
RadioSmall wrote:
As far as I know it is with apple they seem to take their time approving apps.
Will the new iPhone HIARCS 13.3 install as a separate app to 12.4, or will it replace it? (I'm assuming 13.3 is not a free update)
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

It is a free upgrade and available now.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Thanks for the update!

Andrew
egrit

Post by egrit »

Today there was a big update to the iPhone version which I have on my iPad. Will the iPad version be the same as this updated version which is for the iPhone? And what will the cost be for those of us who have the iPhone version?

Egrit