WCCC 2011

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

WCCC 2011

Post by Harvey Williamson »

The WCCC will take place in Tillburg http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/event.php?id=43

Hiarcs intends to enter. This year I can not get the time of work to operate and so I have asked, my friend, Hans van der Zijden to do the job. I am happy to say he has agreed and will once again provide us with a daily diary.

Hans earlier today, on the Rybka Forum, made this statement:
I have operated Rybka in the last 4 WCCC tournaments and also in the Dutch tournament in Leiden. I have done that with great pleasure. I am thankful that Vas gave me the opportunity to travel to Beijing, Pamplona and Kanazawa. So it comes to no surprise I was shocked to hear about the lifelong ban.

Since one year I am also the editor of Computerschaak, the Dutch computerchess magazine. So it is important for me to attend the big computerchess events. Luckily the WCCC this year is in my country, but still I can't really afford to stay in a hotel for the duration.

That is why I was glad with the offer from a friend of mine to operate a program from the team he is working for. The only problem is that my friend is not really loved on this side. Yes, you guessed it, it's Harvey.

I accepted the offer, knowing full well it might raise some eyebrows. I already informed Vas and I was glad he had no problem with it. And now I inform you here on this site, because I don't like it if you find out about it when you see my name on the entryform, or in the reports about the tournament.

As always I will post a daily diary on this site during the tournament.

Hans.