Novag Citrine - LCD Extension

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
RichTurner

Novag Citrine - LCD Extension

Post by RichTurner »

Hi.

I have a Novag Citrine, the lead for the LCD is very short (10cm or so) and sits up near the black, I was wondering if anyone knows what type of lead / wire it is or where I could get a slightly longer one?

My eyesight's not the best but even with glasses, I'd like it a bit closer to white, I'm thinking around 30cm would suffice.

Thanks in advance.
Larry

Re: Novag Citrine - LCD Extension

Post by Larry »

RichTurner wrote:Hi.

I have a Novag Citrine, the lead for the LCD is very short (10cm or so) and sits up near the black, I was wondering if anyone knows what type of lead / wire it is or where I could get a slightly longer one?

My eyesight's not the best but even with glasses, I'd like it a bit closer to white, I'm thinking around 30cm would suffice.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Rich, Yeah, the cord is just 10cm. I also find it a bit inconvenient, and
for the same reason. Should be a simple enough solution to go to your
local electronics dealer and find a longer lead. Just remember it's got to
have 6 contacts. I get around the problem by using the longer lead from
my Sapphire2, it's about a metre long.
all the best,
Larry
RichTurner

Post by RichTurner »

Thanks Larry, the more I look at it the more I think it's an RJ12.

https://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=e ... 4l94l1l1l0

And since in the manul it says the port on the board is to a personal computer or the LCD screen, RJ12 would make sense, as it's not a RJ45 as those have 8 connectors.

Will unplug my ADSL and use that wire as a test if it is I'll buy one of eBay, they are only £1 for a 1m!

Will post back here shortly to confirm deny and maybe save someone else the trouble :)

Edit: My DSL line was BT phone to RJ11, so an buying one off ebay take a gamble for a pound and post back here once it arrives.
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Hi Rich
I extended mine when the Citrine first came out and have been trying to remember what connection plugs I used??
I think they were RJ12 and I just connected them to a piece of 6 wire BT cable (ex BT engineer).
Here's the item number for two of them on eBay 180719068855 which you will need. You will also probably need a criming tool also. If you live in Cheshire you can borrow mine
Bryan