This guy is joking, right?...

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Larry

This guy is joking, right?...

Post by Larry »

http://www.ebay.de/itm/170833981144?_tr ... 97.c0.m619

Get a load of his price!...648 Euro...
Alternately you can simply go to:
http://www.chessusa.com/mm5/merchant.mv ... _COMPUTERS

and get one brand new with a warranty for $250.

nice day all...
Larry
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Hi Larry
I think he's getting his Novag robots mixed up!!
Talking about Novag robots, last year I got an email from a lady here in the UK asking if I would be interested in buying a fully working Novag Adversary that belonged to her late husband.
Her son who works in Hong Kong is friends with the ex MD of Novag and he asked her for advise on selling the Adversary. She told him that I might be interested in buying it and gave him my email address which he passed on to his mother.
The Adversary has only been used a few of times since new and has been stored away in it's original box in a clean dry cupboard.
It had an airing last year when her son came over from Hong Kong and tested it and made a video of it working.
Anyway, unfortunately over the passed year I haven't had much spare cash for chess computers so I declined the offer.
The last I heard of it was that it was being returned to the cupboard and should I my fortunes change just let her know.
What a kind lady regards.
Bryan
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Chessmaster Ireland wrote:Hi Larry
last year I got an email from a lady here in the UK asking if I would be interested in buying a fully working Novag Adversary that belonged to her late husband.
The Adversary has only been used a few of times since new and has been stored away in it's original box in a clean dry cupboard.
unfortunately over the passed year I haven't had much spare cash for chess computers so I declined the offer.
The last I heard of it was that it was being returned to the cupboard and should I my fortunes change just let her know.
What a kind lady regards.
Bryan
And you didnt even think to contact a few collectors you know who might perhaps be interested in possibly buying the Robot
you know..fellow collectors who have been friends of yours for years..who perhaps,just perhaps.. might have done a favor or two for you over the years??
no,instead it sits on the shelf ..collecting dust..owned by someone who dosent even care to use it.. waiting for the day that you might ..just might .. pick up a phone and offer to buy it
well OK..hopefully you will buy it one day..i guess
Sheesh Regards
Steve
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

No Steve
You are completely off the mark with your remarks.
I did offer to find a buyer for her and you would have been on the list of collectors I would have contacted.
But because she knew about my accident, she and her son decided to keep it safe and should I become fit again and find employment plus have a decent wage coming in then I could buy it from her.
Ten months down the road, I am not fully fit and haven't even been able to get a part time job anywhere.
I have had favours done by yourself and fellow collectors over the years and did try to enhance one of your collections but that wasn't to be.
Bryan
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Chessmaster Ireland wrote:No Steve
You are completely off the mark with your remarks.
I did offer to find a buyer for her and you would have been on the list of collectors I would have contacted.
But because she knew about my accident, she and her son decided to keep it safe and should I become fit again and find employment plus have a decent wage coming in then I could buy it from her.
Ten months down the road, I am not fully fit and haven't even been able to get a part time job anywhere.
I have had favours done by yourself and fellow collectors over the years and did try to enhance one of your collections but that wasn't to be.
Bryan
Actually Bryan i did not know about your accident and i am sorry to hear about it
my remarks were meant to a be a bit tongue-in-cheek..not all that serious really
i apologize if my remarks didnt come off that way

i also acknowledge that you did do several very nice favors for me in the past when it came to my collection(computers or magazines)

Regretful Regards
Steve