Packaging and more malfunctioning

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Goren2

Packaging and more malfunctioning

Post by Goren2 »

Hello,
I am forced to part with some original cartons as my chess computers do not fit into my bags. Specifically, I want to throw out the Kasparov GK 2000 box as it's pretty large and cumbersome. Should I? How important are original cartons when it comes to the collectability of chess computers?

Second question: I read on someone's site that the Mattel computer chess had some software errors which made the display show weird piece formations. My Mattel shows 4 kings in a file, with nothing else. Is there a "reset" button, or is my Mattel just broken?

Cheers,
Goren
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: Packaging and more malfunctioning

Post by Steve B »

Goren2 wrote:Hello,
I am forced to part with some original cartons as my chess computers do not fit into my bags. Specifically, I want to throw out the Kasparov GK 2000 box as it's pretty large and cumbersome. Should I? How important are original cartons when it comes to the collectability of chess computers?

Second question: I read on someone's site that the Mattel computer chess had some software errors which made the display show weird piece formations. My Mattel shows 4 kings in a file, with nothing else. Is there a "reset" button, or is my Mattel just broken?

Cheers,
Goren
i realize storage place can be tight but i would never throw away an original box
i think it does make a significant difference to collectors to have the original box
and for myself i can say i have paid for and made deals for a box if i am missing one

as to your Mattel ..no reset button
but you might try putting in a fresh set of new batteries
the display does go a bit wacky when the batteries are weak
with new batteries in..try sliding the power switch from SAVE->
ON->OFF.. and back ..a few times

Good Luck Regards
Steve