Mephisto Gideon Professional (1993)

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Bryan Whitby

Mephisto Gideon Professional (1993)

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Ed Schroder announced yesterday that he had released the Mephisto Gideon Professional (1993) as a UCI engine.

He was asked by a forum member;
"I doubt whether this is possible but I used to own a Mephisto Risc II 1 MB. There's no way of getting the engine in that onto the P.C, is there?"

Ed replied;
"Basically Gideon Pro is the RISC II, an almost exact conversion from the RISC processor to the PC"

Great news, thanks Ed.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hello!

I'm running it under Fritz GUI and it works perfectly. The only thing is the time management. It seems to be losing some game by running out of time. Will try it under Arena.

But Ed, THNX!!
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Raymond wrote:Hello!

I'm running it under Fritz GUI and it works perfectly. The only thing is the time management. It seems to be losing some game by running out of time. Will try it under Arena.

But Ed, THNX!!
I also test it on a 10 min game and after it went out of book then it start thinking on its next move but never played and it lost by the time controls.

Thanks Ed anyway.