Hiarcs Chess explorer on Mac and other software

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
kstevens67

Hiarcs Chess explorer on Mac and other software

Post by kstevens67 »

I have a Mac computer and was wondering if I buy the Hiarcs Chess Explorer for my Mac. Will other Fritz Trainer software work with it? Like the French Defense CD and others. I am curious because the system requirements for all Fritz Trainer CDs do not mention OS X (Mac). Yet it does work with any Fritz family of software I believe which would be Hiarcs, if I'm correct.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Hiarcs Chess explorer on Mac and other software

Post by Harvey Williamson »

kstevens67 wrote:I have a Mac computer and was wondering if I buy the Hiarcs Chess Explorer for my Mac. Will other Fritz Trainer software work with it? Like the French Defense CD and others. I am curious because the system requirements for all Fritz Trainer CDs do not mention OS X (Mac). Yet it does work with any Fritz family of software I believe which would be Hiarcs, if I'm correct.
I doubt they will work on the mac. This version of Hiarcs is not part of the CB family.
Last edited by Harvey Williamson on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Blake

Post by Michael Blake »

Hi,
PGN files only at the moment so you would need to convert the French games to PGN using CB and then play through the games on the Mac. Videos etc would run but you'd need to start them individually I suspect, probably run through Flip4Mac or similar.

HTH,
Mickey