Queegmeister's Career, Discussion & Tomfoolery

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Queegmeister wrote:Well well Dr. Platz , gotta give him some credit though - he beat Kolty (in a simul to be fair) - lost to Fischer but who didn't ?
Actually he beat Fischer in a Simul
the book has the game
looks like Platz needs to get listed higher then Fischer too on Nicks
"anyone playing for more then 20 years is better then Fischer's" List
:P

Anyway,I searched all 250+ games in the book and I don't see Platz listing any French's he lost
I was hoping to find out who you are that way
it's fun playing ...

Guess The Master Regards
Steve
Queegmeister

Post by Queegmeister »

Steve

I did not know he beat BOBBY - what is the game ?

It's no wonder DR. Platz did not list his defeats in the French - His favorite - But after all it was HIS book - it's supposed to be a SHOWCASE for YOUR talent when you write a "my games whatever " book !!

Not sure but I think Isaac (Kashdan) handed him a but kicking loss in that french of his too. Don't get me wrong DR. Platz was a GOOD MASTER.

I knew you were trying to trap me but I like it, it's fun playing this cat and mouse game. It's also possible I miscounted my appearances in the US Open

The play date on my game was incorrect - the game vs my prodigy was much older. I listed my ELO not USCF rating.

Here's another clue - My USCF rating was higher and I did make Senior Master. And FIDE master by virtue of 2355 ELO (give or take) .:D

Another unfortunate event - the floors for rating did not save me from dropping from the Senior Master - I do not understand why I was allowed drop all the way to 2240 - maybe different rules when I played :?

I made some FIDE IM norms but could NOT achieve the title unfortunately:cry:

I'm poor little old man - don't be too hard on me !! :lol:

:P :P

Since you have suffered so much, I will give you another clue, Paul Keres (that's CARE -es) was one of my favorites along with Mischa (Tal) thats TALL. Paul Should HAVE BEEN WORLD CHAMPION - But because he was not Soviet Russian but ESTONIAN , he was not allowed. I lost to BOTH of these AMAZING players. BUT so did everybody else - i guess not much of a clue maybe.:P :P

Paul so completely understood chess - he was the most well rounded player I ever knew. he had great skill in ALL areas of the game - even compared to his other GM opponents and friends.

I like that Reelin in the years regards and those faces

Reelin in the years regards

Cat and Mouse Regards

FIDE master regards
Queeg :D :) :o
Last edited by Queegmeister on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Steve B wrote:
Queegmeister wrote:Well well Dr. Platz , gotta give him some credit though - he beat Kolty (in a simul to be fair) - lost to Fischer but who didn't ?
Actually he beat Fischer in a Simul
the book has the game
looks like Platz needs to get listed higher then Fischer too on Nicks
"anyone playing for more then 20 years is better then Fischer's" List

Anyway,I searched all 250+ games in the book and I don't see Platz listing any French's he lost
I was hoping to find out who you are that way
it's fun playing ...

Guess The Master Regards
Steve
Yep I saw the Platz win but did not want to add more salt to the wounds :P

Regards
Nick
Nick
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Queegmeister wrote:Steve

I did not know he beat BOBBY - what is the game ?

It's no wonder DR. Platz did not list his defeats in the French - His favorite - But after all it was HIS book - it's supposed to be a SHOWCASE for YOUR talent when you write a "my games whatever " book !!

Not sure but I think Isaac (Kashdan) handed him a but kicking loss in that french of his too. Don't get me wrong DR. Platz was a GOOD MASTER.

I knew you were trying to trap me but I like it, it's fun playing this cat and mouse game. It's also possible I miscounted my appearances in the US Open

The play date on my game was incorrect - the game vs my prodigy was much older. I listed my ELO not USCF rating.

Here's another clue - My USCF rating was higher and I did make Senior Master. And FIDE master by virtue of 2355 ELO (give or take) .:D

Another unfortunate event - the floors for rating did not save me from dropping from the Senior Master - I do not understand why I was allowed drop all the way to 2240 - maybe different rules when I played :?

I made some FIDE IM norms but could NOT achieve the title unfortunately:cry:

I'm poor little old man - don't be too hard on me !! :lol:

:P :P

Since you have suffered so much, I will give you another clue, Paul Keres (that's CARE -es) was one of my favorites along with Mischa (Tal) thats TALL. Paul Should HAVE BEEN WORLD CHAMPION - But because he was not Soviet Russian but ESTONIAN , he was not allowed. I lost to BOTH of these AMAZING players. BUT so did everybody else - i guess not much of a clue maybe.:P :P

I like that Reelin in the years regards and those faces

Reelin in the years regards

Cat and Mouse Regards
Queeg :D :) :o
i will post the game once i can copy the moves from the book to a PGN file later today
the game was a simul Fischer gave and not a one on one game

so you were a USCF Senior Master rated above 2400?
did i get that right?

Transcribing Regards
Steve
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

It's available at Chessgames.com if you want to grab it from there.

No sorry it's in Chessbase Big Database game played in 1964.

What's amazing with Platz is that he also got to play Lasker with a winning record.

That's it Platz is elevevated above Fischer and Lasker !!

Going to look up Abe Turner next ! :P :P

regards
Nick
Last edited by spacious_mind on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nick
Queegmeister

Post by Queegmeister »

still proud to make FIDE master - usually about 100 points or more difference with FIDE and USCF - I think - am I right ?

My games that Iwon vs IM's are my prized possessions and of couse even more I beat an American GM or 2 and Foreign GM ONCE. Those GAME SCORES would be a dead give-away

I will give you a real clue - Some of my combinations are in the Encyclopedia of the Chess Middlegame - How's that for clue ? Of course many of my friends were in there too !

Senior master falling star regards
Queeg :cry:

ABE TURNER - TRAGEDY !! He was murdered in NY I think. I played with him at the "flea house" - he was a REAL Strong hustler. probably a disgruntled person who lost a great deal of money to him. Sometimes he would not let loser save face - mistake !
Queegmeister

Post by Queegmeister »

Lasker was friends with Einstein who told him chess was a WASTE of TIME

That's hilarious :D

You must be fair with Lasker - Platz , Lasker was not nearly at the height of his powers when he lost to Platz. You are sure - winning record ? I am still surprised - Even when he was aging Dr. Lasker was VERY STRONG !! I liked his style so much.

E=MC - squared regards

Queeg
Last edited by Queegmeister on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Queegmeister wrote:still proud to make FIDE master - usually about 100 points or more difference with FIDE and USCF - I think - am I right ?

My games that Iwon vs IM's are my prized possessions and of couse even more I beat an American GM or 2 and Foreign GM ONCE. Those GAME SCORES would be a dead give-away

I will give you a real clue - Some of my combinations are in the Encyclopedia of the Chess Middlegame - How's that for clue ? Of course many of my friends were in there too !

Senior master falling star regards
Queeg :cry:

ABE TURNER - TRAGEDY !! He was murdered in NY I think.
For Some reason Nick keeps guessing dead folks
i think he thinks you are really dead

Here is the Fischer Game
a French

[Site " Hartford Connecticut"]
[Date "March 3 1964"]
[Simultaneous Exhibition ""]
[White "R.Fischer"]
[Black "Dr.Joseph Platz"]
[Result "0-1"]

1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.e5 c5 5.a3 Ba5 6.b4 cxd4 7.Qg4 Kf8
8.bxa5
dxc3 9.a4 f5 10.Qg3 Nc6 11.Nf3 Nge7 12.h4 Bd7 13.h5 Rc8 14.h6 g6
15.a6
Nb4 16.Qh4 Nec6 17.Ba3 d4 18.axb7 Rb8 19.Bb5 Qxh4
20.Rxh4 Ke8 21.Bxc6 Nxc2+ 22.Kd1 Nxa1 23.Bd6 Bxc6 24.Bxb8 Bxa4+
25.Ke1
Bc6 26.Nxd4 Bxb7 27.Bd6 Kd7 28.f3 Rc8 29.Ne2 Nb3 30.Ba3 Bd5
31.Ra4 a5
32.Nc1 Nxc1 33.Bxc1 Rc5 34.Ra3 Kc6 35.Be3 c2 36.Ra1 Rb5 37.Rc1
Bb3 0-1

FINAL POSITION
[fen]8/7p/2k1p1pP/pr2Pp2/8/1b2BP2/2p3P1/2R1K3 w - - 0 38[/fen]

Fischer Resiged here
Platz writes..
"The End Came so swiftly that i hardly knew what happenned when he(Fischer) threw his King over in disgust"

Platz Rulez Regards
Steve
Last edited by Steve B on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queegmeister

Post by Queegmeister »

yes - Bobby was considered quite rude on occasion - as I mentioned - not a sociable type guy.

You MUST remember GREAT PLAYERS also HAVE GREAT PRIDE !!

You know sometimes I believe I AM dead and just dreaming that I am alive !!

:lol:

Old Chessmasters never die - they just go quietly INSANE !! (only I guess I'm not so quiet)

Now - what fun would it be if i gave you my FULL record - it would be too easy.

Q :P :P
Last edited by Queegmeister on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

spacious_mind wrote:It's available at Chessgames.com if you want to grab it from there.

No sorry it's in Chessbase Big Database game played in 1964.

What's amazing with Platz is that he also got to play Lasker with a winning record.

That's it Platz is elevevated above Fischer and Lasker !!
LOL
well i should have known that was coming
Fischer will soon drop off of the top 50 list Regards
Steve
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Steve B wrote: For Some reason Nick keeps guessing dead folks

Platz Rulez Regards
Steve
I do! Queeg is misleading us with the U.S. Champ appearances! :P

I think Queeg needs to be more specific. How many main event U.S. Championships he played in!

Regards,
Nick
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

spacious_mind wrote:
Steve B wrote: For Some reason Nick keeps guessing dead folks

Platz Rulez Regards
Steve
I do! Queeg is misleading us with the U.S. Champ appearances! :P

I think Queeg needs to be more specific. How many main event U.S. Championships he played in!

Regards,
Yes
The Queegster has us on a Wild Goose chase with ..ever so slightly incorrect.. or vague clues
we need something concrete to go on
how about a real first name regards?
Steve
Queegmeister

Post by Queegmeister »

You know - I give you clues and buy you books and all you do is EAT THE COVERS !!

:P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bromo-Seltzer regards

QUEEG
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Queegmeister wrote:Lasker was friends with Einstein who told him chess was a WASTE of TIME

That's hilarious :D

You must be fair with Lasker - Platz , Lasker was not nearly at the height of his powers when he lost to Platz. You are sure - winning record ? I am still surprised - Even when he was aging Dr. Lasker was VERY STRONG !! I liked his style so much.

E=MC - squared regards

Queeg
Yes I show them as having played 6 games. 5 draws and one win for Platz.

Encyclopedia of Middle Games by Krogius. That is not much of a clue !! LMAO. It's like saying look in Volume A of the Encyclopedia of Openings!!

Now had you have said the Middle Game by Euwe and Kramer, that would have helped slightly more! :P

Regards,
Nick
Queegmeister

Post by Queegmeister »

Where is our friend LWSTEVE in all this ? I am interested in his ideas about all this ..

Maybe then......

Q