Enhanced Citrine Pieces Great Value Info!

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
SirDave

Enhanced Citrine Pieces Great Value Info!

Post by SirDave »

The following applies more to North America residents:

You may or may not be familiar with the Enhanced Citrine Wood Chess pieces that (as far as I know) were first available at the UK ChessBaron. They are a good size larger than the Citrine generic pieces & are triple-weighted with extra magnetism and are beautifully detailed & finished. They actually make your Citrine look rather elegant. They were always pretty expensive ie. originally around $250-300 USD by the time shipping was added.

However, they have been discounted since then and are available at both ChessBaron USA and ChessBaron Canada. But here's the thing: The prices are wildly different depending on which ChessBaron you go to. Presently at ChessBaron UK, they will cost you $135 + $60 shpg. At ChessBaron US: $209 + $20 shpg.

But at ChessBaron Canada, it only costs $100 + $20 shpg to the US.

If you are a U.S. resident, simply call (905) 570-3563 and tell the fellow that you want the Enhanced Citrine Pieces and that you are a US resident. You will be able to pay the $100 by PayPal at the ChessBaron Canada website and then the fellow will send you a PayPal invoice for another $20 for the shipping. Remember: this is ChessBaron Canada, not US.

If you're interested in doing this, I would do it sooner than later because I don't think he has a lot of these in inventory. BTW: I have absolutely no connection with ChessBaron. I just found this out on my own and my beautiful new Citrine pieces just arrived.

(Why they are so much cheaper at the Canada site, I have no idea and I was not about to ask. :))