Comments on the Revelation II dedicated chess computer

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Watchman wrote:
Steve B wrote: i of course read your posts and trust 100% what you wrote but i also like to ...
Verify Regards
Steve
:P
Slightly OT (but who cares :lol: )

I knew that saying was attrib'd to Ronnie Reagan... but I enjoyed seeing it so much I decided just to wiki it.

Wiki says it is a Russian proverb -- which I found Reagan's use of it absolutely knee-slapping funny.

rofl regards,
-Rob
i remember watching on TV when Reagan first made that comment
he was talking about a Nuclear Arms treaty with the Russians
as he made the remark he had the biggest grin on his face
1980's Regards
Steve
sje

Post by sje »

Steve, if don't already have a DGT Ebony piece set, the you should consider getting one. At about US$430, it's expensive for an ebony 95mm set, but you'd have to pay much more for a better one because such would include buying a set of DGT piece LC circuits plus a pricey commission to have them installed.
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Great news on the RevII Steve, seems Ruud and his team have really surpassed themselves ..........again!

Roll on #64

I did order mine with the ebony set, given the total expense the cost of ebony pieces were lost in the roundings.

In for a penny, in for a pound regards

Paul
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

sje wrote:Steve, if don't already have a DGT Ebony piece set, the you should consider getting one. At about US$430, it's expensive for an ebony 95mm set, but you'd have to pay much more for a better one because such would include buying a set of DGT piece LC circuits plus a pricey commission to have them installed.
Thanks for the suggestion Steve
you might be happy to learn that when the Rev ll is playing in" DGT E-Board "mode ..the Leds do no light up to signal the moves..
the moves are shown in the REV II screen and on the PC computer screen but no square LEDS

Board In Darkness Regards
Steve
paulhuk

Post by paulhuk »

Hi Steve, that's odd because the BCM video shows the LEDs lighting up in Bluetooth mode.

Totally Puzzled Regards,

Paul H
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

paulhuk wrote:Hi Steve, that's odd because the BCM video shows the LEDs lighting up in Bluetooth mode.

Totally Puzzled Regards,

Paul H

Hi Paul

There are Three modes of operation in the Rev ll
each can be selected on system power up

E-Board mode(acts as a DGT board for PC Engines)
Emulation mode(to load the 18 Emulations)
Normal mode(normal usuage including activating Bluetooth)

activating the Bluetooth feature to load a UCI Engine is not the same as E-Board mode
i can load Hiarcs or any UCI engine using the UCI Server software and the LEDS work..this is done in Normal mode
in E-BOARD mode...where you connect to Arena for example ..there are no LED's
i tried it..the manual also mentions this

Thrice Blessed Regards
Steve
paulhuk

Post by paulhuk »

You are quite correct Steve, thanks. Getting ones mind around the board operations is going to be fun.

Steep learning curve regards

Paul H
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

paulhuk wrote:You are quite correct Steve, thanks. Getting ones mind around the board operations is going to be fun.

Steep learning curve regards

Paul H
One Small pet peeve i have...
if you start up with the black pieces on the bottom the board does not recognize this automatically
you have to engage the option to reverse the board first then the board gets it
you would think that with piece and color recognition the board would know that the pieces are set up with colors reversed

Small Criticism Regards
Steve
xchessg

Post by xchessg »

Steve B wrote: One Small pet peeve i have...
if you start up with the black pieces on the bottom the board does not recognize this automatically
you would think that with piece and color recognition the board would know that the pieces are set up with colors reversed

Small Criticism Regards
Steve
Hi,

I've checked your images and saw that you have v3.07. We're testing 3.08B (beta) now which has this reverse start comfort option

Patience... regards

Xavier
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

xchessg wrote:
Steve B wrote: One Small pet peeve i have...

Small Criticism Regards
Steve
Hi,

I've checked your images and saw that you have v3.07. We're testing 3.08B (beta) now which has this reverse start comfort option

Patience... regards

Xavier
Thanks Xavier
nice to know you guys are working on it
can i ask you ..is there a 3.08A and is that the newest working verson of the firmware ?

Already Outdated Regards
Steve
ifekali

Post by ifekali »

xchessg wrote: I've checked your images and saw that you have v3.07. We're testing 3.08B (beta) now which has this reverse start comfort option
This particular issue is fixed ferpectly in 3.08. The board recognizes startup position automagically in both orientations. If you're Black, you just press Enter and the game starts.

The board will not get confused even if human is sitting on the "wrong" side of the board. If White, simply make the first move, if Black, press Enter for chessbot to start with White.

-Izmet
Last edited by ifekali on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

ifekali wrote:
xchessg wrote: I've checked your images and saw that you have v3.07. We're testing 3.08B (beta) now which has this reverse start comfort option
This particular issue is fixed ferpectly 3.08. The board recognizes startup position automagically in both orientations. If you're Black, you just press Enter and the game starts.

The board will not get confused even if human is sitting on the "wrong" side of the board. If White, simply make the first move, if Black, press Enter for chessbot to start with White.

-Izmet
Nice to know i received the computer only 3 days ago and it does not even contain the latest firmware

Sigh Regards
Steve
ifekali

Post by ifekali »

Steve B wrote: Nice to know i received the computer only 3 days ago and it does not even contain the latest firmware
It's a beta. I only got it because I complained loudly (about this and the capture algorythm). This is the issue Ruud was talking about a few days back, remember? (The captures are much better in 3.08. Machine doesn't insist on a particular order anymore, can do the blitz capture now.)

-Izmet
I feel bad.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

ifekali wrote:
Steve B wrote: Nice to know i received the computer only 3 days ago and it does not even contain the latest firmware
It's a beta. I only got it because I complained loudly (about this and the capture algorythm). This is the issue Ruud was talking about a few days back, remember? (The captures are much better in 3.08. Machine doesn't insist on a particular order anymore, can do the blitz capture now.)

-Izmet
I feel bad.
Yes..i remember now
well then i have you to thank for accelerating the updating process and i know this is taken care of already rather then having Ruud first start on fixing this now when someone like me stumbled upon it

Hows my Red Eastern Style Stage 1 set coming along?
havent heard from you guys for 4 days now
i am looking forward to getting it

Anticipatory Regards
Steve
ifekali

Post by ifekali »

Steve B wrote:Hows my Red Eastern Style Stage 1 set coming along
The Rh Red coloring is a bitch. The workshop guys want me to remove that particular option from our menu.

But as far as know we are on schedule. You can email Gregor to shoot you some pics of set in the making ...

-Izmet