Credits for a man in the Uk

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Sargon1972

Credits for a man in the Uk

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hello Guys,

I know some collect only dedicated chess computers what i do respect
Myself have also many of them .
Also i have some tuned computers off what i proud off ,ore like them.

Well there is Steve in the UK ,some will have seen his PCB,s sold on Ebay

He did excellent jobs with some PCB,s in fact he did also create a PCB for the V11 even on 72-75Mhz so same as Bucke !

Also the Great Game Machine he made into 16-20mhz for Steinitz and Morphy-Cocnhess T8 he did create a PCB for
Even Sargon 4.0 on 16-20 MHz is fun to play against .
Sensory Chess Challenger 12B on 8mhz -Par Excellence on 16mhz
Even with some more MHz the play form the Spracklen programs is very good
And that i like .

He is also a true Master with Conchess computers
In the past i have send it for repair to Germany and Berger was not successful to repair this ,well i send it to Steve Braid and he did a excellent job on it, now it will run for many years without any problems

Also there are new projects coming up...what that is ....it,s not a Spracklen Program that is what i know.

I hope he succeed in his next project and many people will like this of that i am sure
Bottom Line, Well Steve keep up the good work
For me and many other people we are glad that there persons like u are out there for us ,to have our hobby going on!

Kr,Hans
Hello
I am from Netherlands and many years involved with computerchess
It,s a way of life i suppose :p

Kr,Hans
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Ahhh Yes ..
Steve Braid...AKA The Master Modder
actually I have commented on many of his jazzed up ..modified ..motherboard auctions here in the forum
but I noticed that this only served to increase the interest and bidding on his offerings..so I stopped doing that

Shooting Myself In The Foot Regards
Steve
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Steve B wrote:Ahhh Yes ..
Steve Braid...AKA The Master Modder
actually I have commented on many of his jazzed up ..modified ..motherboard auctions here in the forum
but I noticed that this only served to increase the interest and bidding on his offerings..so I stopped doing that

Shooting Myself In The Foot Regards
Steve
But....
It would ber nice to have a champion running at 10 Mhz instead of paltry 2....Or the superconnie....

Running at 1/2 MHz regards
Fern
Festina Lente
pr1uk

Post by pr1uk »

Fernando wrote: But....
It would ber nice to have a champion running at 10 Mhz instead of paltry 2....Or the superconnie....

Fern
!O Mhz. I have just lost two games against an old DDR Chessmaster running 4 Mhz. I must be running at 1 Mhz today have to see the doctor and see if i can get some pills to make me run faster

Peter
King Performance Chess Computer M830
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

pr1uk wrote:

Fern
!O Mhz. I have just lost two games against an old DDR Chessmaster running 4 Mhz. I must be running at 1 Mhz today have to see the doctor and see if i can get some pills to make me run faster

Peter
The best method in these cases is to play the computer unplugged, so you make his silly moves and you does the good ones and win.
Festina Lente
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Fernando wrote:
pr1uk wrote:

Fern

Peter
The best method in these cases is to play the computer unplugged, so you make his silly moves and you does the good ones and win.
Unplugged would NEVER work
how would I use the

Takeback key Regards?
Steve
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Steve B wrote:
Fernando wrote:
pr1uk wrote:

Fern

Peter
Unplugged would NEVER work
how would I use the

Takeback key Regards?
Steve
That is a serious problem, yes. Maybe you could ask your wife to push the joystick, for a change...
Festina Lente
Brian B

Re: Credits for a man in the Uk

Post by Brian B »

Sargon1972 wrote:Hello Guys,

I know some collect only dedicated chess computers what i do respect
Myself have also many of them .
Also i have some tuned computers off what i proud off ,ore like them.

Well there is Steve in the UK ,some will have seen his PCB,s sold on Ebay

He did excellent jobs with some PCB,s in fact he did also create a PCB for the V11 even on 72-75Mhz so same as Bucke !

Also the Great Game Machine he made into 16-20mhz for Steinitz and Morphy-Cocnhess T8 he did create a PCB for
Even Sargon 4.0 on 16-20 MHz is fun to play against .
Sensory Chess Challenger 12B on 8mhz -Par Excellence on 16mhz
Even with some more MHz the play form the Spracklen programs is very good
And that i like .

He is also a true Master with Conchess computers
In the past i have send it for repair to Germany and Berger was not successful to repair this ,well i send it to Steve Braid and he did a excellent job on it, now it will run for many years without any problems

Also there are new projects coming up...what that is ....it,s not a Spracklen Program that is what i know.

I hope he succeed in his next project and many people will like this of that i am sure
Bottom Line, Well Steve keep up the good work
For me and many other people we are glad that there persons like u are out there for us ,to have our hobby going on!

Kr,Hans
Yes, Steve Braid is an excellent resource. He has helped me more than once with advice and information. One of my favorite computers is the ARB board with the Sargon 4.0 running at 20MHz. It is a lot of fun to play, tough too. I have a number of his boards and they run great plus his service is top notch. These new boards can help save some computers that may have had battery damage or some other catastrophe. I like the fact that it is relatively easy to swap the original boards back in, so you can have two versions of the same program, too. I am glad he is making these boards and will be waiting in anticipation for this next project.

Good work Mr Braid!

Regards,
Brian B