Human versus Machine

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Nice, Shirov find it in one minute.
Four.nine

Post by Four.nine »

Josef wrote:Nice piece. Veselin Topalov vs Alexey Shirov (0-1) 1998 find best move - Bh3. Test you computers, my best engines cannot find it.

OK Josef,

McC Matfind finds it:

First in 2'40"
Then 5'

Why the difference?
Because this problem is difficult and I suspect 4 Core on Pi McC Matfind is smoking the under designed Broadcom processor and the RPi3B board goes into throttle. My theory.

We need Scally with the Pi3B+ to look at this with McC Matfind.

Final note: I spent hours last night starting from SF10, going to KomodoB'Kay (about 20 programs) and none could find solution in 5 minutes.
But it looks like all the McCain/McBrain eventually find the solution eventually.
McC Matfind was the best.

Final, final note:
I'm now officially retired from "best engines can not find it" refutations. Running my Pi at extreme processor temperatures is not good for its long term health.
Here is my opinion:
At this special point in time: THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE CHESS BOARD POSITION THAT AT LEAST ONE OF TODAYS TOP CHESS PROGRAMS CAN NOT SOLVE ....and QUICKLY.
There is not one single human being...past, present or future that can ever beat a top chess computer program in a typical 6 or 12 game match. A game, yes, a match NO.
I got $10 K, a basement and a DGT Pi with about 30 programs that will win a match against any SGM.
Just have the SGM PM me and bring along $10K US.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Four.nine wrote:
I got $10 K, a basement and a DGT Pi with about 30 programs that will win a match against any SGM.
A bold challenge
not getting the "basement" thing?
the match must be held in your basement?!?!

Super GM's could demand a little ...

Daylight Regards
Steve
Four.nine

Post by Four.nine »

Steve B wrote:
Four.nine wrote:
A bold challenge
not getting the "basement" thing?
the match must be held in your basement?!?!

Super GM's could demand a little ...

Daylight Regards
Steve
My basement is chess computer central.
No chess computers are allowed anywhere else in the house.
My will has been updated to state "if 4.9 "passes" in the middle of a wearisome chess computer board problem solve, he shall be laid to rest behind some of the black metal shelving tower that holds about 20 chess computers...and maybe sprayed with some Lysol and bleach"
Josef

Post by Josef »

Four.nine wrote:
Josef wrote:Nice piece. Veselin Topalov vs Alexey Shirov (0-1) 1998 find best move - Bh3. Test you computers, my best engines cannot find it.

OK Josef,

McC Matfind finds it:

First in 2'40"
Then 5'
Yes, I can use Chessify on Android and cloud engine find it in 10s, but it has 34MN/s.
Four.nine

Post by Four.nine »

Josef wrote:
Yes, I can use Chessify on Android and cloud engine find it in 10s, but it has 34MN/s.

10 sec...Excellent Josef!
You have found the supreme problem solver engine!

Now your next post should read:

"4.9... You're Fired!"