Radio Shack strength rankings

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Josef

Re: Radio Shack strength rankings

Post by Josef »

Too bad the devices have a bug on H8 (RadioShack Champion 2250XL, Saitek Travel Champion 2100, Saitek Präsident, Saitek Brute Force und Mephisto Schachakademie). https://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/i ... sch,_Frans

I read in the link below that CPUs should be able to overclock up to 24 MHz, has anyone tried this?

Josef

Post by Josef »

I'm reading now in another article, with the exception RadioShack Champion 2250XL, Saitek Travel Champion 2100, Saitek Präsident, Saitek Brute Force und Mephisto Schachakademie, so nothing.
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

Josef wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:51 am I'm reading now in another article, with the exception RadioShack Champion 2250XL, Saitek Travel Champion 2100, Saitek Präsident, Saitek Brute Force und Mephisto Schachakademie, so nothing.
That is what I thought too, including the Mephisto MM VI. And it are only a number of GK 2100 clones that have the H8-bug. For instance Saitek Cougar, Saitek Explorer Pro, Centurion, Cosmos, Expert Travel Chess and Mephisto Chess Challenger. But who cares? It is really very seldom that this bug arises.
As far as I know the GK 2000 clones do not have the H8-bug.
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...
sorsakosky

Post by sorsakosky »

Reinfeld wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:15 am OK, I've been absent from the forum for a bit, so forgive me. I see the never-ending Radio Shack debate is burbling again, and I'm thinking it might be simplest to start a thread that nails this subject squarely, rather than wading through all the separate debates on this topic. I would lean on Nick's constant contributions, but they become so voluminous that I can't readily find the stats I'm looking for without endless searching.

I'll start. I don't own all the Radio Shack machines by any stretch, so feel free to contribute and correct me. This is my (partial) sense of the rankings at the highest level. Bear in mind that I'm less interested in the lower-ranked machines, so others will have to fill the gaps.

1. 2250XL
2. 2200X
3. Master Chess
4. Mega 2050X
5. 2150
6. 2150L
7. Chess Partner 1680X (60-2428A)

Have at it regards,

- R.
Need some help, and new on this website. Have this Radioshack 2200, only thing that functions is the "Go/stop" button, nothing else is responding, what can I do ? Thanks <zuramno@hotmail.com>
Tibono2

Post by Tibono2 »

Hi,
did you try resetting it? Bottom of it there is a small hole labelled ACL (all clear). Insert a thin pin into it (such as a straightened paper clip) and apply a gentle push for few seconds, the computer should beep.
If this doesn't work, remove batteries and press the "on" button several times to use any remaining power laying inside components; let the device rest without batteries long enough (why not all night?); insert those again and try again powering it on.
Also, make sure you don't have any stuck button - try pressing/releasing each to make sure they switch accordingly.
Wish you good luck...