Solving chess puzzles by a C# program

You can discuss all aspects of programming and technical matters here.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Watchman

Friarpot

Solving chess puzzles by a C# program

Post by Friarpot »

I have written a computer program in C Sharp to solve chess puzzles. I would like to know if anyone has ever requested the use of supercomputers to help solve certain chess puzzles that go beyond the capabilities of off-the-shelf home computers? I’m also believe white can checkmate black in x number of moves starting from a standard chessboard setup.
Tibono2

Re: Solving chess puzzles by a C# program

Post by Tibono2 »

Friarpot wrote:I’m also believe white can checkmate black in x number of moves starting from a standard chessboard setup.
Hi,
welcome to this forum. Not sure what your expectations are, maybe finding a powerful testing environment for your program? I think the state-of-the-art way is currently not with so-called supercomputers, but with public cloud computing resources. Pay as you go model. I would suggest to search in this direction (but fear the bill!).

With regards to your quoted belief, I think current computing technology won't let you reach any achievement (even if your program is best in class). You would surely need to wait for some breakthrough technology - maybe quantum computing?

And the most probable outcome would be a draw, rather than a white win.

Best,
Tibono