License for 1 or 2 computers? (Mac version)

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Sannr

License for 1 or 2 computers? (Mac version)

Post by Sannr »

If I purchase HIARCS Chess Explorer Pro, can I install it on two computers (my desktop Mac Mini as well as my MacBook)? Is it technically possible? Is it legal to do so (personal "as-a-book"-license or 1 computer license)?

If only on one computer at a time, is it possible to easily switch it around between two computers? I can not take the desktop with me during travels, but obviously it is the more comfortable choice at home.
Robert

Re: License for 1 or 2 computers? (Mac version)

Post by Robert »

xyzzy01

Post by xyzzy01 »

Sannr wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:34 am If I purchase HIARCS Chess Explorer Pro, can I install it on two computers (my desktop Mac Mini as well as my MacBook)? Is it technically possible? Is it legal to do so (personal "as-a-book"-license or 1 computer license)?

If only on one computer at a time, is it possible to easily switch it around between two computers? I can not take the desktop with me during travels, but obviously it is the more comfortable choice at home.
The FAQ states 3: "The purchased license includes 3 activations of the product on Mac OS computers for your personal use as the licensee. This means you can activate it on both your desktop and laptop Apple Mac computers. You can also deactivate a license so you can upgrade your computer. Being a personal use license we would not expect simultaneous use in separate locations. Activations can be deactivated from the About HIARCS Chess Explorer Pro dialog and used on other machines you personally use."

I use it on two (Mac Studio, MBP) with no issues, and the databases sync via iCloud.
Sannr

Post by Sannr »

That is great! Exactly what I need :) Thanks for the info!
e4-homie

Post by e4-homie »

This is good to know. Thanks!