Cache bug in HCE Pro 1.3.1?

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Frank Rahde

Cache bug in HCE Pro 1.3.1?

Post by Frank Rahde »

Hi,
from which of the three used engines is the actual same cache output here - from Stockfish, Komodo or Hiarcs?
See video: https://app.screencast.com/GGp3QU8gSNlFO

My next feature request: When there is a stored cache of 3 engines for the same position, all cached lines of the three engines will be offered within the Analysis explorer.

Best
Frank
Frank Rahde

Re: Cache bug in HCE Pro 1.3.1?

Post by Frank Rahde »

Can someone confirm it on his side?
Tibono2

Post by Tibono2 »

Hi,

my educated guess: I doubt there is a cache record per position AND per engine. Therefore no three cached lines to display, refering to your case (and no bug).
Most probably there is a single cache record per position, fed with the deepest analysis previously run, whatever the engine that ran it; and regardless of any new current run by any engine (as long as this new run doesn't go deeper).

Potential feature request: maybe keeping a track record of the cached engine name (and displaying it within the cached line header) would help in such a use case?
BR,
Tibono
Frank Rahde

Post by Frank Rahde »

There is a cache per engine and positions for which this engine has stored analysis: see also viewtopic.php?p=113932#p113932.
The bug is (see the video): I switched the engines multiple times, means, I loaded 3 different engines (not in parallel).
For better understanding a new screenshot: https://app.screencast.com/MWP7T1LL8SUhl
You will see that every single analysis explorer (engine output) shows exactly the same stored analysis from cache from the same engine. So I guess it comes from Stockfish, but I would expect the actual stored analysis from each of the engine for the loaded position.
Frank Rahde

Post by Frank Rahde »

Hi MRudolf,

I refer to the advertised key improvement "Engine analysis now cached for each engine" (see above). The cache is broken. I reproduced it also for PC (Win11): for three different running engines the same cache output is displayed and there is no indication from which engine this analysis is. I would expect the display of the proper individually cached analysis for each of the engines.
When will this bug be fixed?

Best
Frank
mrudolf
HCE Developer

Post by mrudolf »

Frank Rahde wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:04 am Hi MRudolf,

I refer to the advertised key improvement "Engine analysis now cached for each engine" (see above). The cache is broken. I reproduced it also for PC (Win11): for three different running engines the same cache output is displayed and there is no indication from which engine this analysis is. I would expect the display of the proper individually cached analysis for each of the engines.
When will this bug be fixed?
In the next version.