?Disable auto add to the database list

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Alexander

?Disable auto add to the database list

Post by Alexander »

Whenever I open a pgn file up in HIARCs (by double clicking an icon for instance) - it opens in hiarcs and gets automatically added to the list to databases. This is annoying as I often just download a single game and want to run it in HIARCS before potentially adding it to the relevant database (or not)! I don't want the pgn entered as a database on my list of databases. Over time my database list gets quickly clogged up with numerous single pgn files called download101.pgn or XEdioear912394.pgn for instance and I have to spend a while purging the list of all these files.

Is this possible? I suspect I just can't find out where I can disable the autoadd function.
If not please can it be added as a feature sometime!

Many thanks for any help.
mrudolf
HCE Developer

Re: ?Disable auto add to the database list

Post by mrudolf »

The databases will be removed from the list as soon as you delete the files.

But maybe we should ignore databases from Download folder?
Tibono2

Post by Tibono2 »

mrudolf wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:18 am But maybe we should ignore databases from Download folder?
Hi, sounds to make sense. I often download single or few pgn games to immediately browse these using HCE Pro. If any game is worth keeping, I copy/paste it into a relevant DB elsewhere.
And should I want to browse again a recently downloaded game, I just double-click on it from the download folder, thus opening the GUI - because I just remember from fresh memory it is there. No need for a link in the DB list.
Best,
Tibono
mrudolf
HCE Developer

Post by mrudolf »

On the other hand, we have to remember all those who are not computer experts and do not always know where their files are.

But maybe this can be an option for experts.