engine Deep Hiarcs

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Mag

engine Deep Hiarcs

Post by Mag »

I have a few questions about the chess engine Deep Hiarcs.

1. Where did the option disappear " Ponder "?
2. How to save a tournament or match in a separate file while the tournament or match is playing.
3. Is it possible to (better save) information about the movement made by the engine, for example like this: {-0.52/28 7.20s} {+0.09/21 6.73s}
4. Can this window be improved - because it looks a bit strange.

Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Re: engine Deep Hiarcs

Post by Mark Uniacke »

1) Ponder is not available for engine matches since one engine could use that to affect the other engine thinking on its time.
2) That is already done. Each game is saved when it is finished to the EngineGames database. Please use File->Open engine games
3) The move time, eval, depth and clock time can be added after each move using the Advanced tab of the Engine Match dialog.
e.g. 2.5s -0.05/24 0:00:54
4) To format the notation in the more normal form uncheck the "Use columns for main line" in Prefs->Notation
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Mag

Post by Mag »

Mark Uniacke wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 am 2) That is already done. Each game is saved when it is finished to the EngineGames database. Please use File->Open engine games
This is a weak solution. How do I want to save a file in png format on the desktop and not in any database?
Mark Uniacke wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 am 3) The move time, eval, depth and clock time can be added after each move using the Advanced tab of the Engine Match dialog.
e.g. 2.5s -0.05/24 0:00:54
I want to write it down the way I want it, not the way you wrote it to me. So yes -0.52/28 7.20s, +0.09/21 6.73s.
Mark Uniacke wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 am 4) To format the notation in the more normal form uncheck the "Use columns for main line" in Prefs->Notation Notation
This is a wrong solution, I want the entry to be near the movement and not as in the picture as presented
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

2) HCE Pro writes each finished game to the EngineGames database, that is a good solution since you can view, analyse, anotate and export the game as you choose while the engine match is in progress. No idea why you call that a "weak solution".
You mentioned png but that is a graphic format, I assume you meant save in pgn format - you can easily export any game, filter or database using the File->Export menu item. You can choose from PGN, HCE, PDF, HTML and CSV.

3) Turn off save the clock if you do not want to see the clock times.

4) Showing comments next to the moves would defeat the point of the show main line as column feature. The point of that display option is to remove the noise from the mainline so comments and variation are on a newline.
If you want comments next to the moves uncheck "show main line as column" in the Notation preferences.
Best wishes,
Mark

Mag

Post by Mag »

@Mark,
I have a question. Can you write what you think is the best debut book to test for the program Deep Hiarcs ?
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Mag wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:07 pm @Mark,
I have a question. Can you write what you think is the best debut book to test for the program Deep Hiarcs ?
The engine comes with its own internal book which it will use. I do not use other opening books enough to recommend another book.
Best wishes,
Mark