Building a Dubious Repetoire

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Caltor

Building a Dubious Repetoire

Post by Caltor »

I've purchased Hiarcs and am very pleased with the product. It does far more than I completely understand at this point, and I'm still learning. The one area I wanted to explore was building an opening repertoire and practicing with that repertoire to get it down.

I found that the play game menus will allow play with certain openings (fantastic) but I have an unhealthy interest in learning dubious gambits (think Stafford, Busch Gass, etc).

What steps (and I do need steps - I'm old and slow with this software) would you take to build that out? Appreciate any advice!!
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Re: Building a Dubious Repetoire

Post by Mark Uniacke »

There are many gambits available in the Play game dialog (Play->New game menu item), then choose Starting position=Opening and select from the many openings available that includes the Latvian Gambit, Budapest Gambit, Benko Gambit, Dutch Staunton Gambit, Smith Mora Gambit, Danish Gambit, Kings Gambit, Evans Gambit, Ruy Lopez Schliemann Gambit (and delayed gambit), Marshall Gambit, Blumfield Gambit.

You can also start from any opening position from another database, open a game in a database tab and go to the position you want to play from and choose Play->From current position in the menus.

You can also open WorkBase DB and start a new game (Game->New), enter the opening moves to reach your desired gambit position and then choose the Play->From current position menu item.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Fran66

Post by Fran66 »

Very interesting information. Thanks, Mark! :wink:

Best regards!
Caltor

Post by Caltor »

Thank you for that - super helpful and informative.