PPC Chess PF4 vs iphone Chessprograms

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Thanks for clearing that up, as I got the same kN/s when testing this version which I thought was suspicious.And those test positions I tested were done from my memory so the times were just wishful thinking.But I still managed to complete 8 games with the time control 15min + 5sec with ponder on.Stockfish has crept ahead with 3 win 1 loss and 4 draws.Some of the games won were quite convincing and impressive to watch the evaluations as game progressed.And don't forget that Stockfish is running on ITouch4 and I suppose that those that are running DroidFish on faster cellphones would do even better.
Perhaps in the "Options" "About/Help" you could mention what version of Stockfish the iphone app is based on.
nahab

Post by nahab »

Tord Romstad wrote:
Hi guys,

I see that there are some misunderstandings. First of all, the engine in Stockfish 2.2 for iOS is exactly the same as in Glaurung 2.1. In both cases, the engine is Stockfish 1.8, not 1.9.1.
Oh...is very interesting :-)

but I have written in another thread, that glaurung 2,1 plays more strongly like given the Elo indicated.
nobody knows , that elo is indicated 2400 and 2500 the same, but in both fell as glaurung and stockfish (which is the same) often against Hiarcs 13,1 one won.

thanks for your explanation