HCE Mac - Unable to rename engine

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Slartibartfast

HCE Mac - Unable to rename engine

Post by Slartibartfast »

After the upgrade to v1.51 I tried to change an engine's name for the very first time (didn't try this in previous versions of HCE). After selecting the engine name and hitting the rename button it looks like one can edit the engine name, but alas in fact you can't.

Can anybody confirm this?

Best,
Slartibartfast
Ton

Post by Ton »

I'm still on 1.4 OSX.
Engine rename is possible
Ton

Post by Ton »

Upgraded to 1.5.1

Renaming of engine name still no problem
Slartibartfast

Problem solved

Post by Slartibartfast »

Looks like one can only add characters to an existing name, right? This works for me, but I tried to remove a part of a rather long name.
Ton

Post by Ton »

At first it looks the main part of the name cannot be changed.

So "HIARCS 14 WCSC" can be changed into "HIARCS 14" but from these remaining characters nothing can be changed.
"Stockfish 2.3.1 64bit" can be changed to "Stockfish 2.3.1" but not to "Stockfish"

But, when changed the name to "Stockfish 2.3.1" and then go back to preferences again, I was able to change the name to "S2".

Strangely, after restoring the name to its original value, I wasn't able to change the name at all.

Can't find any reproduceable behaviour on this, but can't imagine this is intended behaviour.
So, I can confirm somethng odd is happening.

Regards,
Ton