Early HIARCS UCI engine load failures

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Peter Grayson

Early HIARCS UCI engine load failures

Post by Peter Grayson »

HIARCS 10, X50, X54 and X54 64-bit no longer load into HCE, Fritz GUI or Shredder GUI in O/S XP 32 bit home edition or XP Pro 64 bit. These have been installed for some time and were working fine but now give an error message: Header "Error"; message "Engine Load Error" with white cross in red circle.

I installed them on my new machine with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and same error message appears when trying to load in any of the GUI's.

Were these sold with a time limited licence?

I'm also getting HCE report my Book Licence expired but I renewed my book subscription in May. Any comment?

PeterG
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

The engines did not have a time limit.

Those engines were released in 2006 and used a third party protection, maybe that has some issue. Please email more details like the machine spec and whether the engines have ever worked on that machine.

Regarding the book license, you have your old book license entered in HCE and that expired in May 2013. Please enter the new book license your were emailed when you updated your subscription and that will resolve the issue.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Peter Grayson

Post by Peter Grayson »

Thanks for reply Mark, I'll Email machines' details.
Best regards,
Peter