HCE 1.5.1

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

hurnavich

HCE 1.5.1

Post by hurnavich »

Hi, i notice that when i installed Komodo 5.1r2 in HCE that i changed default threads to 4 for my i7 950 and clicked applyed works no problem but when i shut pc down then back on the komodo engine defaults back to 1 thead and i have to reconfigure.This only happens in HCE is this a bug? anyone else have the problem.

Thanks.
"May your next game be your best"
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

I just tested this and it seems to be working correctly.

I changed the thread value and started the engine, later I exited HCE, restarted HCE and the same (non default) thread setting was present as when I exited.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
hurnavich

Post by hurnavich »

Hi, thanks for the response I notice that on mine the threads remain at set value of 4 in engine advanced options area but in engine drop down box area click the tab to the right configure and it has reset to 1 now if I change to 4 it works happy close hce reopen seems ok but shut pc off a few hours come back reset to 1 thead in drop down box but still set at 4 theads in options cog area strange must just be my pc I will try on laptop when I get back home and see what happens thanks.
chess666

Post by chess666 »

I have the same problem with the new version 1.5.1 !

ALL engines ( not only Komodo but Deep Hiarcs too for example...) recover their default set-up when i restart HCE :?

Of course, i did not have this probleme witn 1.4 version and i dont know for 1.5 :oops: because i adopted 1.5.1 quickly .
chess666

Post by chess666 »

Note : The problem seem to be in general set-up ?
When you change parameters of ONE engine, the other ones return to paramaters by default ... :?
chess666

Post by chess666 »

PS: In fact, engines return to paramaters by default anyway, even wihout general set-up !

So, mystery.... :roll:
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

I am unable to reproduce this at all. When I change the engine options they stay changed,, whether I exit HCE or start another engine and go back to a previous one.

Can those who have seen the issue please indicate what platform (PC or Mac) and version you are using and are you changing the options via the configure current engine icon (analysis explorer) or via preferences->engines tab.

Does this happen with HIARCS engines or other engines, please indicate engine.

Also if you can give precise steps how you produce this that would be very useful.
Best wishes,
Mark

hurnavich

HCE 1.5.1

Post by hurnavich »

Hi, Thanks Mark for response, windows vista 64bit i7 950 cpu

I'm changing the options via the configure current engine icon (analysis explorer) it stays at 4 threads for komodo 5.1r2 from engine options tab but resets to 1 thread in analysis explorer after total shut down of pc for a while. I will try on another pc later windows 7 and get back to you thanks again.

P.s it would help if Komodo team had set there engine up to auto detect threads mind.
chess666

Post by chess666 »

Hi Marc,

I have Windows 7 Intel core i5 4 threads and here are the tests :

IF i change parameters of one or several engines using Analysis Explorer icon ONLY, seem ALL is well when i restart HCE BUT when i change only one paramater in only one engine ( test made for Komodo where i changed number of threads and then Deep Hiarcs where i changed simply AutoSave PGN to false ) using preferences->engines tab , ALL other engines return to paramaters by default ( not necessary to leave HCE, it is immediate when i consult paramaters on Analysis Explorer !

Hope it help....
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Thank you!

Yes I am able to reproduce this, we will fix it for the next update as soon as we can.
Best wishes,
Mark

chess666

Post by chess666 »

Mark Uniacke wrote:Thank you!

Yes I am able to reproduce this, we will fix it for the next update as soon as we can.
Thanks.

Final test : If i shut the PC after parameters changed using Analysis Explorer and restart HCE, ALL is well ;-)
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

So it seems all it working using Analysis Explorer to configure the engines, but using preferences->engines tab is broken.
Best wishes,
Mark

chess666

Post by chess666 »

Mark Uniacke wrote:So it seems all it working using Analysis Explorer to configure the engines, but using preferences->engines tab is broken.
Following my tests yes !

Broken is perhaps not the word BUT the fact to change parameters of one engine using preferences put the other ones to parameters by default....
hurnavich

HCE 1.5.1

Post by hurnavich »

So it seems all it working using Analysis Explorer to configure the engines, but using preferences->engines tab is broken.

It is the other way round with mine analysis explorer to configure is where my bug is. Thanks
IanO

Post by IanO »

The same problem exists in HCE 1.5.1 for Mac. There is about a 10% chance that changing engine settings from Preferences > Engines will stick and not change its own and other engine settings back to defaults. And no chance that changing settings from New Engine Match will stick. The engine match feature is very hard to use because of this bug.

(The main parameter I change is Threads. It would be helpful if this could be a common parameter, like Hash.)