Open games of a database in separate tabs

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

fafamonge

Open games of a database in separate tabs

Post by fafamonge »

I have a database with 25 games. How can I open 3 or 4 games of this database in separate tabs in HCE?
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Open games of a database in separate tabs

Post by Harvey Williamson »

fafamonge wrote:I have a database with 25 games. How can I open 3 or 4 games of this database in separate tabs in HCE?
try opening the database more than once.
fafamonge

Post by fafamonge »

It would be better to handle the same database and just to open a game in one new tab. I think is not efficient open each database as many times as games you want to have in new tabs.

What about if it is a Megabase?
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

If you want to view more than one game from the same database you can copy and paste it to another tab.

Each tab deals with one database and that is why when a game is shown from that database all the statisitcs and database information can be retrieved and shown in the explorers, e.g. click on a players name and get a player report etc.

Clearly within a tab it is very easy to switch between multiple games and previous games can easily be retrieved from the game history. A game normally has context in a database and when you want to view more than one game they are usually related, hence we would use the show games function of openign explorer to see related games and switch between them.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com