Request re: piece movement animation

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

eioua

Request re: piece movement animation

Post by eioua »

Hi there,

For every new feature, you'll have somebody asking for yet another. That's why I'm here now. It's nice to have the piece animation in the latest version but I'm wondering if in a future update you might give us the ability to change the speed or shut it off completely. Because some moves are slower than others and the movement doesn't always seem completely smooth — it's laggy or something, I was finding it more of a distraction than a help when going through games quickly. I have no idea how hard it is to program these things so apologies if it's much easier said than done.

HCE keeps getting better. Thanks for all the work you're doing on it.

EDIT: I should say that the piece movement is better on my iMac than on my Macbook Air. Even so, it would be really nice to be able to adjust the speed.
packi

Post by packi »

I concur. When your walking through a game rather quickly the movement looks choppy. I liked the old movement better.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

This is being investigated and if we can do something for 1.6 about this we will.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
eioua

Post by eioua »

I'll revisit my own thread, now that I've installed the newest OS on mac, and report that animation is stuttering like it was a version or two ago on the old OS. Hope it's remedied.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

I am not aware of any issue with animation in v1.7. If there are many other applications running rendering graphics then maybe that could affect animation performance. The animation speed can be configured in the preferences.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com