Disappointed by Hiarcs Tournament Book !

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

chess666 wrote:You don't know the complete répertoires writed by Larry in 2003 and 2012 ?
yes i do, as i said, he has published very good repetoire books written for human chess players to use. He has not undertaken a project as far as i know to publish a book looking at all known openings as the Hiarcs book does. I hope for his 2012/2014 books he got some help from his Hiarcs book :)
chess666

Post by chess666 »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
chess666 wrote:You don't know the complete répertoires writed by Larry in 2003 and 2012 ?
yes i do, as i said, he has published very good repetoire books written for human chess players to use. He has not undertaken a project as far as i know to publish a book looking at all known openings as the Hiarcs book does. I hope for his 2012/2014 books he got some help from his Hiarcs book :)
What i said is Larry used the best engines for help him to write his répertoires and i have the feeling you don't use them for HB just because you have the Hiarcs father !
I can understand but sometimes, a father must admit his son is no longer the best ....
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

chess666 wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
What i said is Larry used the best engines for help him to write his répertoires and have the feeling you don't use them for HB just because you have the Hiarcs father !
I can understand but sometimes, a father must admit his son is no longer the best ....
You are wrong. The book contains millions of computergames, played by all the top engines.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Just to finish this section off:
"I subscribe to your Powerbook now and I'm pretty impressed by it, I use it all the time in my chess teaching. As far as I know it is the best publicly available book."
Larry Kaufman, Grandmaster and World Senior Chess Champion.
chess666

Post by chess666 »

So, errors we found in HB with a friend ( we play on ICCF as you ) was just some exceptions sorry ( and also because we calculated much more than one move ! )

Perhaps i am wrong indeed and i had no yet chance to find a new interesting move on HB because i don't play enough openings and games !

After all, i bought recently very well known books ( and popular ! ) and i found big holes, even bad moves.....

:roll:
chess666

Post by chess666 »

Harvey Williamson wrote:Just to finish this section off:
"I subscribe to your Powerbook now and I'm pretty impressed by it, I use it all the time in my chess teaching. As far as I know it is the best publicly available book."
Larry Kaufman, Grandmaster and World Senior Chess Champion.
Yes but i saw this quotation already deux or three years ago in the website and the section is closed indeed .....
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

chess666 wrote:So, errors we found in HB with a friend ( we play on ICCF as you ) was just some exceptions sorry ( and also because we calculated much more than one move ! )

Perhaps i am wrong indeed and i had no yet chance to find a new interesting move on HB because i don't play enough openings and games !

After all, i bought recently very well known books ( and popular ! ) and i found big holes, even bad moves.....

:roll:
I think you are being disingenuous. If a book contains millions of games try and calculate how long it takes to manually go through each one. Let me know when you have an answer. There will always be novelties that can be refuted.

However a lot of the novelties work and if you use the book in the right way you can spring them on your opponents. When we get more games we of course update the previous novelties but the new games always add some new ones........
chess666

Post by chess666 »

I admit ! The fact is to not be blind and use the book with intelligence indeed.....

Thanks for the exchange ! Perhaps i will test the book one year more ???
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

chess666 wrote:I admit ! The fact is to not be blind and use the book with intelligence indeed.....

Thanks for the exchange ! Perhaps i will test the book one year more ???
I hope so! :-)