Start Comments not being saved

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

eioua

Start Comments not being saved

Post by eioua »

Hi there,

I thought I'd report a problem I've been having saving Start Comments. They're simply not saving. All other comments are saved as usual. I assume this started happening with 1.6 because I used to have no problem with Start Comments. (I'm on an iMac, OSX 10.8.4)

I would like to say a thank you for the movement speed adjustment / smoother movement fix that came with version 1.6. I feel as though my requests (I don't know how many other people requested it) are being listened to. Much appreciated.
eioua

Post by eioua »

Just a further note to this, one that I'm unhappy to report: not only are Start Comments not saved, but it appears that it deletes all Start Comments once you import pgn. So, not expecting this, I saved pgn files and lost a lot of notes I'd made.

EDIT: I'll just explain exactly what's happening, now that I've tested it again. You can open a pgn file with Start annotations. They're there and you can read them. If you close it without saving, the notes remain. If you save any changes to the file, though, the start annotations are all lost.

I hope no other users have been affected by this because it's annoying to have lost comments that took some time to make.
Last edited by eioua on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

I am really sorry about this issue which did occur in v1.6, an otherwise generally good version. We have been very busy getting the fix for this in and getting it into an accelerated v1.7 along with many other items.

We are pushing for a release of the v1.7 free update with this fixed next week.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
jimratliff

Post by jimratliff »

Any update on the arrival of v1.7? (On December 11, the estimate was "next week.")

Happy New Year!
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Sorry, time seemed to vanish and Christmas got in the way.

version 1.7 is going RC and should be available this coming week, it has some very nice enhancements. :D
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com