Multiple Game Selections for Deletion

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

365dalbeattie

Multiple Game Selections for Deletion

Post by 365dalbeattie »

I am a new user, and can't find the answer to this in the videos or on the web. I have various databases and would like to delete non-relevant games from them. I can delete games one at a time, but can't find the facilty to select and then delete blocks of games.

Help please. Presume that I am missing something obvious. Is there a way to do this without using a filter and copying games into a new database and then deleting the old one. A bit like CB where you can select and delete blocks of games.
Michael Blake

Post by Michael Blake »

The easiest way that I have found is to edit the pgn file in a text editor. Not ideal but works easy enough.

HTH,
Mickey
365dalbeattie

Post by 365dalbeattie »

Mickey, thanks for taking the time to respond. I have tried this and it works well. Hopefully an in-program method will be added at some point in the future. Thanks again.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Unfortunately, there is currently no multi-select delete in HCE.

It is a feature we intend to add in the future.

Currently, to work around this I filter for the games I want to remove, then invert the filter and export to another database. This solution works well if you can filter (search) for the games you want to remove.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
365dalbeattie

Post by 365dalbeattie »

Thanks Mark