"Not a valid engine" message

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

op12no2

"Not a valid engine" message

Post by op12no2 »

Hi,

I love the Hiarcs user interface and would like to use it with my javascript chess engine Lozza. While Lozza is javascript she can be run like usual engine using Edmund Moshammer's jsUCI harness. I've tested it OK in Winboard and Arena. To runt it needs:-

Code: Select all

jsuci lozza.js
However, when I select jsuci.exe Hiracs says it's not a valid engine - I'm guessing because Hiarcs does some comms and doesn't get a response.

Is there a way I can add a new engine that needs a command line option as above?

Thanks.

PS: I tried using a batch file but Hiarcs forces file selection to .exe only. Also tried editing the registry to add a new engine with the required command line but Hiarcs doesn't like it.
op12no2

Post by op12no2 »

Hi,

Any chance of a reply to this, or an alternative route I can use to get support?
Michael Blake

Post by Michael Blake »

best bet is to email Mark direct, I think the address is support@hiarcs.net but if you search for a post by Mark you'll see hi sad dress for support.
HTH,
Mickey
op12no2

Post by op12no2 »

Thanks Mickey. Rereading the email I received when buying Hiarcs I've just seen a support email address I missed...
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

This was resolved by email. It is possible to create engines with command line parameters on PC using a batch file. The .bat file is added as an engine.

I tested this and advised the customer who has also checked it and it works ok. So Java engines can be added to HIARCS Chess Explorer.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
op12no2

Post by op12no2 »

The customer is also slightly embarrassed, especially as a software developer, because I did try using a batch file a while ago but must have messed it up :) Thanks again for your help Mark and apologies for essentially wasting your time.