Missing Data Folders?

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Trahald

Missing Data Folders?

Post by Trahald »

Just performed a new installation of HCE 1.7 on Windows 7, and it seems that several of the data folders are missing. In my Documents\Hiarcs Chess folder there is only a Databases folder plus Hiarcs14.lrn and Hiarcs14AS.pgn files in the Hiarcs Chess root folder. Other folders such as Books, Documentation etc are strangely absent.

Also I'm interested in purchasing a HIARCS Chess Opening Subscription. I guess it's safe to assume that this can be used with both my Mac and PC HCE licenses?

Thank you.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

My guess is you installed from a user account, then windows asked you for an admin login and then Windows installed documents in that admin login documents folder.

Yes you can use a book access subscription on both Mac and PC.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Trahald

Post by Trahald »

Your guess is correct, I did run the installer as an admin from a different user account. I thought Hiarcs would create those folders it needed when I ran it for the first time in the alternate account. In any case I've now copied the folders from the Admin data folder to my user folder and all is well.

Also will be picking up a subscription for the opening books. Thanks again!