The Gladiators v Icy Shark Bar (Match Comments)

Designed for posting all types of tournaments and Games (e.g. Man vs. Machine, Computer vs. Computer and basement matches.)

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Lends

Post by Lends »

We congratulate our contenders on the deserved victory. You have proved to be the present chess players. You have gained the deserved victory to which can be proud! :) All the best.
JEB_Tucson

Post by JEB_Tucson »

Lends wrote:We congratulate our contenders on the deserved victory. You have proved to be the present chess players. You have gained the deserved victory to which can be proud! :) All the best.
Thanks Lends, we only won the game on a technicality. We could not beat The Gladiators in game 1 and , game 2 being a dead draw, we would not have been able to beat The Gladiators in game 2 also. This clearly show the great chess playing ability of The Gladiators.

Until We Meet Again, Respectfully
James
Last edited by JEB_Tucson on Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Watchman
Hiarcs Team Member

Post by Watchman »

Kind words Lends, thank you. It takes a very mature person to recognize that when one doesn't compete according to the rules, any rules (which, of course, include things like time controls) then the crown cannot be obtained. Although I personally prefer a checkmate over a time control win... victory is victory... and I appreciate you recognizing this. The best to you too. :)
JEB_Tucson

Post by JEB_Tucson »

We are preparing for our next HIARCS HeadBangers Forum Team game and are looking for players to join the team.

The next game will be between David Overtond and the Forum Team. It is meant to be a friendly, thought provoking game rather than an "eval" chasing one, but engine assistance is allowed.

The game is scheduled to start Saturday, 21 February 2009 and will have 48 hour flexible time controls.

Those interested in joining the game should post or PM Harvey Williamson or Watchman.

Hope to see you soon.
James
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

Lends wrote:We congratulate our contenders on the deserved victory. You have proved to be the present chess players. You have gained the deserved victory to which can be proud! :) All the best.
i enjoyed our 2 games very much.in my eyes it was 2 drawn games.the mix up over time controls was unfortunate.
best wishes for the future Paul.
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

Lol . There a problem with your clock, So I think the result isn't fair , as I posted before
12:48 am -> 12:54 am -> 4:39 am -> 5:09 am
I don't see any logic. 4:39 < 12:54.
Are you insist on your win ?
We congratulate our contenders on the deserved victory. You have proved to be the present chess players. You have gained the deserved victory to which can be proud! All the best.
For people who don't understand it was a joke.
personally,i am not interested in 960,although i would be interested in a second match.i will bring the matter up on the Rybka forum. regards Paul
I don't think that my team will play again against Rybka or Hiarcs team after such result, caused by time speculation on your side. :twisted:
Soren Riis

Post by Soren Riis »

I am sorry the game finished like that. Personally I view both games as drawn. In a friendly club game a polite player might have reminded his opponent that he is about to overstep on time, however when you have a team with 20 more players on one side its hard to organise all decisions so the team as a whole behave as a "gentleman". Personally I see not point in not just accepting your draw offer. Claiming a win on time in this situation is kind of meaningless, but its not for me to decide.

Anyway I would like to thank you and your teammates for the games.
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Hi,
For what it is worth I simply scored the game a draw. I posted that I wanted to play 24...h6 but the powers that be who understood the time control (I think) claimed the game.

Thanks for the games in any case

Regards
Tony
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Well, thanks for letting me be in this team, i think in the second game we had a better position that in the first one, but it is still far away to say we could had won.

clock chess regards
Ricardo
turbojuice1122

Post by turbojuice1122 »

I've been away for awhile, and will probably frequently be away for awhile in the near future, but it has been interesting to read on Rybka Forum and on Hiarcs Forum much of what has transpired in the last three weeks.

The postings by Maestro are quite interesting, and I would have been inclined to sympathize if it wasn't for the fact that (a) an agreement had already been reached before that any further time oversteps would result in a time forfeit and (b) he obviously understood initially that he had overstepped on time, then tried these shenanigans about not understanding the clock (in spite of having understood it for the rest of the game), then seeming to imply that we were wrong about the clock, etc.--this last part is simply poor form.

Anyway, thank you to both sides (Rybka Forum and Hiarcs Forum) for including me in the game and for a good game and I thank those involved for the effort they have given. I also do thank the Gladiators, even though some of the respect has been soured with a couple of recent postings by Maestro.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

turbojuice1122 wrote:I've been away for awhile, and will probably frequently be away for awhile in the near future, but it has been interesting to read on Rybka Forum and on Hiarcs Forum much of what has transpired in the last three weeks.

The postings by Maestro are quite interesting, and I would have been inclined to sympathize if it wasn't for the fact that (a) an agreement had already been reached before that any further time oversteps would result in a time forfeit and (b) he obviously understood initially that he had overstepped on time, then tried these shenanigans about not understanding the clock (in spite of having understood it for the rest of the game), then seeming to imply that we were wrong about the clock, etc.--this last part is simply poor form.

Anyway, thank you to both sides (Rybka Forum and Hiarcs Forum) for including me in the game and for a good game and I thank those involved for the effort they have given. I also do thank the Gladiators, even though some of the respect has been soured with a couple of recent postings by Maestro.
Thanks Jason,

Nice to see you back and I think you summarised it well!

Best Wishes,
Harvey