Millennium King Performance vs. TASC R40 (King 2.5)

Designed for posting all types of tournaments and Games (e.g. Man vs. Machine, Computer vs. Computer and basement matches.)

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
ang534

Re: Millennium King Performance vs. TASC R40 (King 2.5)

Post by ang534 »

8.5/1.5 seems a little wide - for the speed difference almost 10x. 2x=+60 4x=+120 8x= 180 so about 200 point Elo difference if the R40 = 2300 the King should be 2500, the score indicates 2580-2600. The gap in performance is slightly large until you factor in for almost identical programs which tends to exaggerate the Elo difference for the faster machine plus only 10 games a small sample size. My guess the King would struggle in a match with a strong (2600+ Elo) Grandmaster. I have played several (3-4) Stockfish 15 @ 1 second per move ponder off vs. Millennium King 240 (an attempt to simulate the strength against a player who took longer then a sec to make a move) Seconds a move the score was the king lost all games badly not even ever reaching an end game. I aborted the match so early because of how lopsided the games were. That being said I absolutely love the Millennium the King because I am no where near as strong as the King at full strength and it handicaps levels better (by limiting how many moves it considers - not ply) than just about any chess program I ever played.