Interface for online chess for Pocket PC?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Larry

Interface for online chess for Pocket PC?

Post by Larry »

Hi all, today I got my iPaq 4150 pocket PC loaded up with PocketFritz2
and some other tutorials. It even connects to the internet. I downloaded
the 'Thief' interface, but a message said it is not for PocketPC. Must be
a different OS version for the handhelds? I'd appreciate if anyone here
can point me to an interface for online chess for this machine.
thanks in advance for any replies
Larry
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Pocket Chess Internet by Convekta seems like an OK option.It connects thru the Chess OK portal there is a fee to download but once you have you can play for free.I think Thinker Board has an option with the PPC version but I can't remember what portals it uses.It would be best to choose one which can connect to the popular sites eg ICC,Fics, Playchess.
pgeorges

Post by pgeorges »

You can play on Internet (FICS only) with pocket Scid
http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/PPC.html

Pascal
Larry

Post by Larry »

Cubeman wrote:Pocket Chess Internet by Convekta seems like an OK option.It connects thru the Chess OK portal there is a fee to download but once you have you can play for free.I think Thinker Board has an option with the PPC version but I can't remember what portals it uses.It would be best to choose one which can connect to the popular sites eg ICC,Fics, Playchess.
"Cubeman".... now where have I seen that name?....is it Chris from NZ?
If so, I'm happy with my PPC Chris, and hope you do well with selling
the other, more expensive one.
small world,
Larry
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Larry wrote:
Cubeman wrote:Pocket Chess Internet by Convekta seems like an OK option.It connects thru the Chess OK portal there is a fee to download but once you have you can play for free.I think Thinker Board has an option with the PPC version but I can't remember what portals it uses.It would be best to choose one which can connect to the popular sites eg ICC,Fics, Playchess.
"Cubeman".... now where have I seen that name?....is it Chris from NZ?
If so, I'm happy with my PPC Chris, and hope you do well with selling
the other, more expensive one.
small world,
Larry
I live across the ditch,I am glad you are happy with the PPC.I have not tried any internet chess on the PPC.Let us know what you discover.I mainly use it for chess training and a quick blunder check after one of my games at the chess club.We are a few of the downunder members on these forums.