The Next Forum Challenge.

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

The Next Forum Challenge.

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Hi All,

I am going to post the following on the Rybka Forum. It will be our most important game so far!

Harvey
Hello Fish Men,

As some of you know we have established a Hiarcs forum Chess team and have played several games so far which have been a lot of fun. The Hiarcs Forum Team now feel it is time to go Fishing.

We would like to challenge this Fishy Forum to a match. I spoke to Turbojuice about this as he has been a regular player on the Hiarcs forum. He likes the idea but is unable to commit to being Captain of your team. However I suggest that he helps set up your team if you are brave enough to accept this challenge against the mighty Hiarcs Forum.

The basic rules would be up to 48 hours to play each move. Official move to be posted, by your Captain, in the Tournament section of the Hiarcs forum. You are free to organise your team as you wish and use any hardware/software that you can find. I suggest we play 2 games 1 after another so we each get black and white.

I propose that we start the match in June after Hiarcs wins Leiden :)

Throwing out the Fish bait Regards,
Harvey
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

i notice Vas has accepted!

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... sg=NewPost

Lets Rock Regards
Steve
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

In such a difficult and critical situation I cannot but offer my concourse to this. I am not so strong as before, but I still can look at the screen and get a hint from Hiarcs.
hehehe
Fernando
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Fernando wrote:In such a difficult and critical situation I cannot but offer my concourse to this. I am not so strong as before, but I still can look at the screen and get a hint from Hiarcs.
hehehe
Fernando
you are going to play for Hiarcs and not Fishka....yes??

With you ..one never knows for certain regards
Steve
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Fernando wrote:In such a difficult and critical situation I cannot but offer my concourse to this. I am not so strong as before, but I still can look at the screen and get a hint from Hiarcs.
hehehe
Fernando
Thanks Fern - Once we get enough volunteers we will set up another Secret Thread to discuss how best to cook the Fish.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

"Thanks Fern?"
You are talking with Sir, Admiral of any team ever organized here regards
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

I nominate Dylan Sharp for Hiarcs Team Captain! :mrgreen:
turbojuice1122

Post by turbojuice1122 »

So do I--we might be able to catch him dozing and claim a flag. :lol:
Last edited by turbojuice1122 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
turbojuice1122

Post by turbojuice1122 »

P.S. Just kidding. :-)
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

No flagging this time! That means I'll be sometimes moving at a 36 hours per move rate instead of 48, to have 0 risk on this issue. I expect Rybka Forum's captain to do the same, unless you can find someone that doesn't need any sleep and can be on 24/7. :P
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

we will need to coordinate with the Fishka captain all members of each secret thread when the time comes
we of course cannot have Fishka team players reading our thread and vice versa

i realize that members can register with a different name but we must reply on the honor system that no one will do that
however sometimes members can register and just go to the secret thread with out realizing it..probably best to draw up a list of players in both forums and then coordinate it between the two Captains

or perhaps an arbiter can be appointed who will have access to both secret threads to look for..

Worms Regards
Steve
Shaun Brewer

Post by Shaun Brewer »

Steve B wrote:we will need to coordinate with the Fishka captain all members of each secret thread when the time comes
we of course cannot have Fishka team players reading our thread and vice versa

i realize that members can register with a different name but we must reply on the honor system that no one will do that
however sometimes members can register and just go to the secret thread with out realizing it..probably best to draw up a list of players in both forums and then coordinate it between the two Captains

or perhaps an arbiter can be appointed who will have access to both secret threads to look for..

Worms Regards
Steve
Hi Steve,

I am sure we can assume fair play...

Is there any engine restrictions e.g. The Hiarcs forum team can't use Rybka and the Rybka forum team can't use Hiarcs?

If we stick close to the 48 hour time control - I am fairly sure I will have time to follow and cast a few votes...

Shaun
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Shaun Brewer wrote:
I am fairly sure I will have time to follow and cast a few votes...
cast a few votes for the Hiarcs team i assume?
:P
no restrictions
pure freestyle
however i imagine the main engines used here will be Hiarcs because as we know Hiarcs is a Fishka killer(who knows perhaps even the Fishka's will be using Hiarcs a great deal)

Hiarcs 2-Fishka 0 Regards
Steve
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

I just received an offer from rybka forum in order to give to them my support. They cannot do it without a strong player like me, they said.
Nevertheless, I insisted Hiarcs has the first priority, provided some enticements are delivered.
So...

Waiting my Super 9 regards
Fernando
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Fernando wrote:I just received an offer from rybka forum in order to give to them my support. They cannot do it without a strong player like me, they said.
Nevertheless, I insisted Hiarcs has the first priority, provided some enticements are delivered.
So...

Waiting my Super 9 regards
Fernando
Hi Fern,

If you look at your posts you will see that you are now an Admiral.

I hope this helps!

Harvey