It should be FORBIDDEN

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
chesstango

It should be FORBIDDEN

Post by chesstango »

by the moderators, to make a new topic to talk about a "super setting' pertaining to a commercial engine........ It looks me like a nonsense matter; we could talk also about a Ferrari or Lamborghini X model improved with an unknown feature..... or an improved Rolex put to run on a furniture that i am not telling what it is...... Nonsense!!!!!
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: It should be FORBIDDEN

Post by Harvey Williamson »

chesstango wrote:by the moderators, to make a new topic to talk about a "super setting' pertaining to a commercial engine........ It looks me like a nonsense matter; we could talk also about a Ferrari or Lamborghini X model improved with an unknown feature..... or an improved Rolex put to run on a furniture that i am not telling what it is...... Nonsense!!!!!
There are many possible settings for Hiarcs and all commercial engines. Far to many for us to test properly. These posts are welcome.
chesstango

sorry

Post by chesstango »

but or u have the super settings or u have no idea of what we are discussing about at all.....
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: sorry

chesstango wrote:but or u have the super settings or u have no idea of what we are discussing about at all.....
i do not understand what your point is? anybody is free to test any settings for Hiarcs or any other engine and post them here.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

My complain is somewhat different: I want a setting with which I could at least draw the bloody engine....

Doctor Alzheimer send his regards
Fdo
Festina Lente
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Fernando wrote:My complain is somewhat different: I want a setting with which I could at least draw the bloody engine....

Doctor Alzheimer send his regards
Fdo
Actually that is a good idea why dont you try fixed depth starting at 1 then 2 etc... with ponder off and see where you start to have problems!? Give yourself 1 hour for each game and post them here would be a very interesting experiment.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Man, I was just joking. Never in my life I will play any engine or computer with advantage or help of any kind. Never I have done such a thing, exception made when for fun I play low strength personalities in Chessmaster.
I prefer to lose at full steam than to win with a crippled adversary.
Sir, I am a Knight.....
Nevertheless, as much I usually win dedicated units and they does not go beyond 6-7 ply in middle game, I assume that I am beaten by engines due to the far more deep search they can do. I can search 10-12 moves, but obviously I lose accuracy and I commit mistakes.
Engines goes farther and with precision.

Fernando
Festina Lente
chesstango

dear harvey

Post by chesstango »

I would approve this kind of discussions if i had the settings, but maybe i missed them; so if u have them, would u be so kind to send them to me?
Otherwise we could speculate about thousands of possible changes to an engine to improve it...... or whatever......
thx in advance
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: dear harvey

chesstango wrote:I would approve this kind of discussions if i had the settings, but maybe i missed them; so if u have them, would u be so kind to send them to me?
Otherwise we could speculate about thousands of possible changes to an engine to improve it...... or whatever......
thx in advance
Yes I do have the settings but they are not mine to share. Thorsten may decide to share them when his tests are finished. If he does not that is fine by me.
chesstango

SO

Post by chesstango »

in this case, the moderators should STOPallthis stuff, because u are acting as if u were at a university room discussing some secret things .... UNFAIR!!!!!
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: SO

chesstango wrote:in this case, the moderators should STOPallthis stuff, because u are acting as if u were at a university room discussing some secret things .... UNFAIR!!!!!
I do not see it as unfair so i am not going to stop it. Why don't you ask Thorsten in the correct thread if he is ready yet to release his settings. This discussion apart from the posts by Fernando seems totally pointless to me.
chesstango

for me

Post by chesstango »

its enough; u look like idiots; and i insist this kind of discussions should be stopped for being UNFAIR...... Thosten could choose to discuss whatever in a private room but not in a public one.....
I will TERMINATE this kind of madness just now.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: for me

chesstango wrote:its enough; u look like idiots; and i insist this kind of discussions should be stopped for being UNFAIR...... Thosten could choose to discuss whatever in a private room but not in a public one.....
I will TERMINATE this kind of madness just now.
good idea I will stop this discussion at once.