Updates

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

hurnavich

Updates

Post by hurnavich »

Hi to all, just a short question i purchased hiarcs 12 from chessbase on cd would there be any way of udates as they come out eg 12.1 as per if i was to of purchased viar download hiarcs direct? many thanks in advance.i went with chessbase to get the opening book so it would display in gui.. :)[/b]
PortCitySlim

Post by PortCitySlim »

I have asked that question many times. This is the answer I got from Chessbase
"I doubt that there will be upgrade for the Hiarcs 12 engine on our website for usually we do not offer such engine upgrades for Fritz, Hiarcs, Shredder, or Junior at all."

"Usually we do not get such upgraded engines from the programmers at all."

Hopefully that means if the HIARCS team offers the updates to Chessbase then they can then offer it to those of us that own the CB version :D
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Chessbase have offered updates in the past for fritz junior and shredder so I do not completely understand the reply.
PortCitySlim

Post by PortCitySlim »

Harvey Williamson wrote:Chessbase have offered updates in the past for fritz junior and shredder so I do not completely understand the reply.

I know they have but when I e-mailed them that is what I got back. This came from-
Steffen Giehring
http://www.chessbase.com
Phone 0049-40-63 90 60 10