Hiarcs 12

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

chesscrave

Hiarcs 12

Post by chesscrave »

Hi all,

I have Deep Junior 10.1 and I'm in the market for a new chess program. I have read alot on the new Hiarcs 12 and leaning on buying a copy. With the many different chess programs available, I want to make sure I get the right program for what I'll use it for.

Analysis is a big thing for me. I would like to analyze chess games I play in tournaments.

I also play chess over the internet against other programs. I only play postal chess this way where one move can take 3 to 8 days. I play on a site that this is allowed on. I mostly test my own opening book this way and update it for over the board competition.

I will also incorporate some of Hiarcs opening book into my own I have to use in over the board tournaments.

Would Hiarcs 12 be worth it for what I will use it for? I would probably buy the single processor version since I only have a single processor at this time.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Hiarcs 12

Post by Harvey Williamson »

chesscrave wrote:Hi all,

I have Deep Junior 10.1 and I'm in the market for a new chess program. I have read alot on the new Hiarcs 12 and leaning on buying a copy. With the many different chess programs available, I want to make sure I get the right program for what I'll use it for.

Analysis is a big thing for me. I would like to analyze chess games I play in tournaments.

I also play chess over the internet against other programs. I only play postal chess this way where one move can take 3 to 8 days. I play on a site that this is allowed on. I mostly test my own opening book this way and update it for over the board competition.

I will also incorporate some of Hiarcs opening book into my own I have to use in over the board tournaments.

Would Hiarcs 12 be worth it for what I will use it for? I would probably buy the single processor version since I only have a single processor at this time.
It sounds just right for what you need. You already have DJ 10.1 so you could just buy the UCI version direct from Hiarcs.com and use it in the junior GUI or you can buy the Chessbase version which will give you a new serial number for use on the Playchess server.

If you only have a single CPU machine there is no need to buy the deep version.