Chessbase 10 service pack

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
The Wizard

Chessbase 10 service pack

Post by The Wizard »

Hi, Ted Summers posted a link to a Chessbase 10 service pack over on the Rybka forums http://www.cba3.de/updates/c10.msi

What it fixes (or makes worse) I do not know as is the usual Chessbase policy and as usual they seem to let very few people actually know about it :(

Regards
Ted Summers

Re: Chessbase 10 service pack

Post by Ted Summers »

The Wizard wrote:Hi, Ted Summers posted a link to a Chessbase 10 service pack over on the Rybka forums http://www.cba3.de/updates/c10.msi

What it fixes (or makes worse) I do not know as is the usual Chessbase policy and as usual they seem to let very few people actually know about it :(

Regards
Can't tell you much right now as I really don't know. However I can see that support for the new Rybka 3 has been added. Such as what they call Rybka's "Live Search" and "Shared Analysis". Note: On my system I can't get Shared Analysis to work. Any other things it may have fixed, I don't know about at this time.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience come from bad decisions."
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Hi Ted, The Rybka output now looks the same as the latest Fritz 11GUI (dated 21st August with Monte Carlo etc) ... I wish Chessbase would show a fixlog

Regards
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Hi, Does not look like it fixes anything. Only a fix to run Rybka 3 stuff .... and has introduced the same odd (or so it seems) stuff as in the F11 21st August update. Also there is nothing in help about any of the new stuff in built in manual, as usual garbage from chessbase

Ted Summers

Post by Ted Summers »

Thats the smybol for "Only Move". From back in the Chess Informator Days.

"Good decisions come from experience, and experience come from bad decisions."
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Hi Ted,
Yeah I remembered that and mentioned it in my latest non flattering email to chessbase. Only a few symbols then :roll: we have to remember lol ... It seems they have done F all (pardon my french) other than make the Rybka 3 functions work.

Regards
Boye

Post by Boye »

The update fixed at least the issue that you could not make Rybka 3 (CB version) the default engine.

My best

Henrik
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Boye wrote:The update fixed at least the issue that you could not make Rybka 3 (CB version) the default engine.

My best

Henrik
:) thats good, I did not need the update as even the original CB10 could use a UCI engine as default. Looks like a specific fix for chessbase Rybka buyers

Regards
Kemuri

Post by Kemuri »

I seems to have speeded-up the copying of small databased into big ones - which was one of the main tech-support problems before...
I don't believe in intuition, but I've got a funny feeling that one day I will...
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Hi Kemuri, Can you tell me what size bases you copied from and to .... I copied 1000 games to a 8.6 Million game database and the problem remained. It might be caused by other factors?

Regards
Sigmarsson

Post by Sigmarsson »

I know that Chessbase has taken a lot of flak for the bugs and problems in CB10, but I do have to say that the improvement in the speed of the online DB (from what seemed like hours the last time I tried to use it, to literally half a second) is truly astounding.

Granted, most of the games that come up seem to be from the Estonian U10 Girls Championship or some other definitely-not-master-class tournament, but the speed of access to these blunderfests is truly breathtaking.

So, you know. Three cheers for Chessbase.
Kemuri

Post by Kemuri »

The Wizard wrote:Hi Kemuri, Can you tell me what size bases you copied from and to .... I copied 1000 games to a 8.6 Million game database and the problem remained. It might be caused by other factors?

Regards
TWIC into Mega08 goes much quicker than before. Haven't had anyone mentioning since the patch either - but maybe they're just tired ;)
I don't believe in intuition, but I've got a funny feeling that one day I will...
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Hi Kemuri :) ... thx for your reply ... Sorry for not replying sooner as I gave been on holiday for a couple of weeks. I will run a few more tests after seeing if there have been any more updates while away .... The patch did indeed fix a few things but not all at least in my tests ... I just wish chessbase would publish what they actually say they have fixed with each patch which would help us and in turn actually aid themselves.

Regards
Tony
chesstango

fritz 11 gui latest update is sept 2.....

Post by chesstango »

isnt it?