Deep Fritz 11

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
The Wizard

Deep Fritz 11

Post by The Wizard »

http://www.chessbase.com/shop/product.asp?pid=413

Hi, It has prob been posted somewhere but I missed it :)

Regards
PortCitySlim

Post by PortCitySlim »

Expensive, I wish they sold it as UCI without the GUI. I already bought 4 CB programs this year :evil:
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

who is the author ? (suspects a certain American of Russian origin might have been drafted for the purpose)
PortCitySlim

Post by PortCitySlim »

Dark Horse wrote:who is the author ? (suspects a certain American of Russian origin might have been drafted for the purpose)
Your not suggesting Vas? Is he Russian? I am not sure who your talking about. Fritz was developed by Frans Morsch and Mathias Feist. I am not sure who is writing the program now, I thought it was Mathias.
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

PortCitySlim wrote:
Dark Horse wrote:who is the author ? (suspects a certain American of Russian origin might have been drafted for the purpose)
Your not suggesting Vas? Is he Russian? I am not sure who your talking about. Fritz was developed by Frans Morsch and Mathias Feist. I am not sure who is writing the program now, I thought it was Mathias.
I thought Vas was of Russian origin, CB dont publicize the authors name too much so it could be any of the top engine authors, maybe thats why Tony Cozzie announced "retirement" ???

Mrs loves spreading internet rumours
PortCitySlim

Post by PortCitySlim »

Dark Horse wrote:
PortCitySlim wrote:
I thought Vas was of Russian origin, CB dont publicize the authors name too much so it could be any of the top engine authors, maybe thats why Tony Cozzie announced "retirement" ???

Mrs loves spreading internet rumours
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Fritz :D
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

Vas didn't born in USA, but that's the nationality he wants to show in his tournaments.
Vempele

Post by Vempele »

Dark Horse wrote:I thought Vas was of Russian origin,
Wikipedia wrote:Rajlich is a dual Czech-American citizen by birth; he was born in the United States of America to Czech parents
Peter Grayson

Post by Peter Grayson »

Dark Horse wrote: CB dont publicize the authors name
When in a Chessbase GUI, select "Help" from the Menu header and then "About (GUI Name)" at the bottom of the options. The first line of credits will be the the Engine Author(s) whether native or UCI engines. The rest of the credts remain the same for each GUI.

PeterG