Chessbase 10 and SP1 Problems

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Watchman
Hiarcs Team Member

Chessbase 10 and SP1 Problems

Post by Watchman »

I have installed CB10 on 2 different computers with Windows XP Pro x64. After applying the update patch (whether obtained from the link on this forum or from the gui: Help > Online Upgrade) I have the identical problems of:

1) I can not close CB10 either by clicking the X (upper right corner) or by File > Exit Program. I have to use Taskmgr to close CB10.

2) If I click the Playchess.com button and attempt to logon, I get: "Runtime Error in 21925"

If I repair back to the original, Exiting and Logon work fine.

Install was using the defaults (directories and components)... rebooted after install and applying the patch. Activation worked np.

Any help here would be hot.
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Hi,
It may be best to email chessbase for an answer ... I have not come across that exact problem myself .... Maybe try a complete uninstall followed by cleaning the registry ad then reboot the machine and reinstall the software. Somes searching google for a particular runtime error may help and give a glue where the problem is

Regards
Watchman
Hiarcs Team Member

Post by Watchman »

Yeah thanks I had already tried the above and couldn't find anything on that Error. And there's the problem of it occurring on 2 systems.

I did try to open a DB yesterday and had Error Code 0xC0000005 which seems could be related to DEP. But turning off DEP for CB10.exe had no effect.

When I repair the installation with the DVD and revert back to the July version, everything seems normal. :?
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Hi,
Hmmnn it almost sounds like the upgrade is corrupt in some way .. I do not know if there is a later upgrade than 2nd sept available at http://www.cba3.de/updates/c10.msi

You could also email Steve Lopez for help if you go to the link and scroll to the bottom you get a link to contact him. http://www.chesscafe.com/chessbasefaq/lopez.htm

Regards
chesstango

Chessbase

Post by chesstango »

Every time i wrote to Chessbase (Stefan), he always answered me very polite, correct and fast.