Rybka 32/64bit question

You can discuss all aspects of programming and technical matters here.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Watchman

Kemuri

Rybka 32/64bit question

Post by Kemuri »

I can't find this posted anywhere already (inc the Rybka forum), and it may sound blindingly obvious - but if you install Rybka Chessbase version on a 32 bit machine - will it automatically only install the 32 bit engines?

And following on from that - if you have a 64bit operating system etc - will it automatically only install the 64 bit versions?

CA and Aquarium seemed to install both 32 & 64 bit engines on my 32-bit machine...

Thanks

Kemuri
I don't believe in intuition, but I've got a funny feeling that one day I will...
tano-urayoan

Post by tano-urayoan »

32 bit could only use the 32 bit engine if you try to run the 64 you will get an error. With a 64 os you could install all versions if you want.
Kemuri

Post by Kemuri »

Thanks.

I don't even see the 64 bit versions on my 32 bit machine after installing the Chessbase version.

Aquarium version installs all engines anyway
I don't believe in intuition, but I've got a funny feeling that one day I will...
Peter Grayson

Re: Rybka 32/64bit question

Post by Peter Grayson »

Kemuri wrote:I can't find this posted anywhere already (inc the Rybka forum), and it may sound blindingly obvious - but if you install Rybka Chessbase version on a 32 bit machine - will it automatically only install the 32 bit engines?

And following on from that - if you have a 64bit operating system etc - will it automatically only install the 64 bit versions?

CA and Aquarium seemed to install both 32 & 64 bit engines on my 32-bit machine...

Thanks

Kemuri
Having bought the Chessbase offering and having both 32 and 64 bit operating systems then I can confirm only 32 bit engines were installed to the 32 bit O/S and only 64 bit engines were installed to the 64 bit OS.

The 32 bit engines can be transferred to the 64 bit OS and will run but the 64 bit engines will run only in a 64 bit OS.

PeterG
Kemuri

Post by Kemuri »

Thanks for the help :)

Kem
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Rybka 32/64bit question

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Kemuri wrote:I can't find this posted anywhere already (inc the Rybka forum), and it may sound blindingly obvious - but if you install Rybka Chessbase version on a 32 bit machine - will it automatically only install the 32 bit engines?

Thanks

Kemuri
I think the installer will automatically install the version most suited to your machine and OS. The orhers are still on the dvd and can be manually installed,