which is the best attitude for strongest

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

nahab

which is the best attitude for strongest

Post by nahab »

hi .-)

sorry, but i can not speak a good english i hope you understand me :-)

in the engine room which is the best attitude for strongest play with hiarcs palmversion?

I have a pocket pc witch

200 Mhz
64 MB Ram
128 MB Flash

In the engineroom i can take the Hashtables to 2048 kb witch is the best attitude here or must i taken 75% from the main memory...when i playing 5 min games must the Hash be smaller? and to long games bigger?

Playingstyle.. is normally the best attitude or is aggressively to openly, which it plays more weakly? or is parhaps solid the best attitude?

search: which are for differentiate in these individual attitudes...how do the once lungs affect the game?

Book: which are for differentiate in these individual attitudes...how do the once lungs affect the game?

for the next attitudes I must activate all for a better game?

which attitude did you for best game experience?

regards Jörg :-)
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: which is the best attitude for strongest

Post by Harvey Williamson »

nahab wrote:hi .-)

sorry, but i can not speak a good english i hope you understand me :-)

in the engine room which is the best attitude for strongest play with hiarcs palmversion?

I have a pocket pc witch

200 Mhz
64 MB Ram
128 MB Flash

In the engineroom i can take the Hashtables to 2048 kb witch is the best attitude here or must i taken 75% from the main memory...when i playing 5 min games must the Hash be smaller? and to long games bigger?

Playingstyle.. is normally the best attitude or is aggressively to openly, which it plays more weakly? or is parhaps solid the best attitude?

search: which are for differentiate in these individual attitudes...how do the once lungs affect the game?

Book: which are for differentiate in these individual attitudes...how do the once lungs affect the game?

for the next attitudes I must activate all for a better game?

which attitude did you for best game experience?

regards Jörg :-)
Hi Jörg,

I think you will find the default settings are the best. Good luck playing some of the big boys in the engine room! :) As far as hash goes as a general rule use half of your available ram - I would use this at all levels.

Best Wishes,

Harvey
nahab

Post by nahab »

I do not have understood someone, what you mean....I do not mean the enginroom by chessbase/ Schach.de and so on. I mean if I open Hiarcs and press on the button engineroom, then I can adjust the Hash, Level, Book , playing stly etc (is the attitude "normally" real the best?).
which are the differences of the different attitudes..... where can take Hiarcs the most strengthens of its Engne ....where can play a better Game.
mackgra

Post by mackgra »

nahab,

You will find the default values the strongest in the engine room.
These are the options that have a * at the side of them. This goes for playing style, threat depth, search and book.

As far as hash goes i use that maximum value available to me in the hash table list.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Graham
nahab

Post by nahab »

no ...but thanks for answer.

The Hashtables have on maximum but now:

playingstyle:

is playing hiarcs to openly, if I take "aggressive"....is solid to solidly?

Threat depth: here is "3" the kind of condition, It´s "0" better or "5"... does this attitude make at all an effect?

search: Kind of condition "extremly selective" can be it, which it gets along with einstellun the "Brute Force better.

Book: Wildly does it play here to illogically? or is it to far ahead-think, is "normal" a better attitude?

do you understand which I mean?

Regards Jörg
mackgra

Post by mackgra »

nahab,

I haven't tested the other options so can't say if 'aggressive' is better than solid or normal but in my opinion the default setting will be stronger.

The search is definately better on extreamly selective as this will produce a deeper search resulting is stronger play.

I'm not too sure on setting for threat depth but 4 may produce stronger results but this will need to be tested

Graham