IPCCC 2009

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Highendman wrote:Well, we're all curious to see your settings and results no doubt.

However between having an engine that's no longer under development (Zappa) squeezed to get an extra 80 ELO (which is very impressive, don't get me wrong), and your previous claim of Rybka's current reign ending, there's still quite a gap ;)
I know,be patient....time will tell....
Book up this thread somewhere and when it happens,I want you to tell me that I was right...
Dr.D
gerold

Post by gerold »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Highendman wrote:Well, we're all curious to see your settings and results no doubt.

However between having an engine that's no longer under development (Zappa) squeezed to get an extra 80 ELO (which is very impressive, don't get me wrong), and your previous claim of Rybka's current reign ending, there's still quite a gap ;)
I know,be patient....time will tell....
Book up this thread somewhere and when it happens,I want you to tell me that I was right...
Dr.D
You are right about Rybka.
Along came one stronger. :)
Gian-Carlo Pascutto
Sjeng

Re: IPCCC Scheduling...

Post by Gian-Carlo Pascutto »

Enrico L. Carrisco wrote: I remember many IPCCC tournaments with horrible December (read: holiday) scheduling.. I'm sure the economy and perhaps Rybka's "cluster" domination has something to do with it, but the holiday scheduling has plagued these tournaments for a long time.

First or second week of December might have helped participation a lot.
For me at least this scheduling is a showstopper.