NEW HIARCS PALM

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Hiarcsplus

NEW HIARCS PALM

Post by Hiarcsplus »

in the new version of HIARCS for a PALM 2007.

1) The new version of the program is free for those that we have her it
Hiarcs 9.6 for Palm ( I have 2 programs, T5 , T3 )
Will we have to buy the new version?

2) solved the problem of the hast tables of the PALM T5?
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

There will be a free update to all to Hiarcs 9.7 but the new version you will have to buy.

I do not know about your 2nd question.

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

As usual minor version updates e.g. 9.series are free to registered customers. Major updates eg. version 9 to version 10 will be charged for.

Hash tables work ok on the T5.

There is less dynamic memory made available by the Palm OS on a T5 and as such the maximum hash table available is 2Mb. On a T3 which in my view is the best ever Palm the PalmOS makes more memory available for applications as dynamic memory, the maximum hash is 8Mb on the T3.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Will the new version of Hiarcs when released for the PPC be able to use more ram than 8Mb.As I currently can run Pocket Grandmaster on my iPaq hx2750 and have allotted 32Mb for hash where as when I run Hiarcs on my hx4700 with StyleTap I can only get a max of 2Mb.
Also is the development on track still for the new release to be available by the end of the year?
pgeorges

Post by pgeorges »

Cubeman wrote:Will the new version of Hiarcs when released for the PPC be able to use more ram than 8Mb.As I currently can run Pocket Grandmaster on my iPaq hx2750 and have allotted 32Mb for hash where as when I run Hiarcs on my hx4700 with StyleTap I can only get a max of 2Mb.
Also is the development on track still for the new release to be available by the end of the year?
On my Dell Axim X51v, Pocket Grand Master 3.0.1 will not allow me to set more than 8 MB. Are you sure you can go up to 32 MB ?
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Yes but this only works on my hx2750 model running MS Mobile 2003se operating system.On my newer hx2790 I can only get 16Mb max.This is because of the memory allocation is different on the two machines.When I try my hx4700 the max drops to 8Mb.
The hx2750 model seems the fastest out of all my PPC's even when the ram is set to equal amounts and running other programs to compare.
PGM with Toga II 1.2.1a engine can get to just over 40000nps in the opening position with white to move.